Author Topic: Covid - 19  (Read 22011 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
Re: Covid - 19
« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2021, 02:23:10 PM »
And - unsurprisingly - Ursula von der Leyen is now threatening to block exports of vaccines to countries (meaning the UK no doubt) who have markedly higher rollout of the vaccine.

OK, this smacks of the childish 'I'm going to take my ball in' mentality. If we up sh*t creek, then we'll make sure you (UK) are too.

I think they should concentrate on getting this disgraceful state of affairs sorted out and stop trying to point score.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 19, 2021, 05:55:05 PM »
There's always some people who will try and make more of a situation than it is Alsatian.
I'm going to be a pin cushion this year as I have my Shingles jab in April.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 19, 2021, 07:33:31 PM »
Had my Shingles jab last Monday OC.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 19, 2021, 08:15:42 PM »
And - unsurprisingly - Ursula von der Leyen is now threatening to block exports of vaccines to countries (meaning the UK no doubt) who have markedly higher rollout of the vaccine.

OK, this smacks of the childish 'I'm going to take my ball in' mentality. If we up sh*t creek, then we'll make sure you (UK) are too.

I think they should concentrate on getting this disgraceful state of affairs sorted out and stop trying to point score.

Apparently the EU have looked at the AZ jab in isolation and, when compared against Pfizer, the side effects are comparable in both jabs.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #169 on: March 20, 2021, 12:50:15 AM »
Had my AstraZeneca jab this morning.

Loving the new hair style. Never had any on my back before  :-* ;) 8) :P
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 20, 2021, 06:50:05 AM »
Had my AstraZeneca jab this morning.

Loving the new hair style. Never had any on my back before  :-* ;) 8) :P

😂

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 20, 2021, 08:59:03 AM »
It is alleged...............
                      The "better off" countries have clubbed together to help roll out the vaccine to under developed and developing countries. The U.K. is allegedly bankrolling this endeavour to the tune of £548 million. Thus far well over 39 million people, in the richest countries, have already received their first jab.
Allegedly in Africa the total number of people vaccinated so far stands at 25.

According to this mornings news {possibly due to the threat of a vaccine shortage among other things} it appears these better off countries have now changed their minds and the poorer countries WON'T be getting the much needed vaccines after all, among them is Britain.
With these 3rd waves of Covid hitting mainland Europe we will be able to book holidays but there will be nowhere to go.

M.P's doing a complete 180 who would have guessed it!!
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 20, 2021, 09:24:03 AM »
I for one wouldn't think about arranging a holiday abroad at the moment, I wouldn't want to fly for a start and the situation is around Europe is still iffy.
Sticking to breaks in the UK.
We have a weekend booked in a Caravan with friends, a trip on a Steam Train to Scotland for the day plus a week in Skegvegas - depending on how things go of course!!
We still have our months cruise transferred from last year if it goes ahead but over the 25 years opf cruises I have seen many changes in cruising and this next one will be the biggest change ever - if it goes ahead.

We have vouchers for the Casa and several eating places yet to use

Will any of the above happen???

wollygobble

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 21, 2021, 04:25:55 PM »

I don't think the standoff is being helped by the self-congratulatory noises coming out of Downing Street all the time, which will be interpreted in the EU as a thumbing of noses and a chanting of "We've got the vaccine, nah nah-ni nah nah!".

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #174 on: March 21, 2021, 08:47:35 PM »
Friday had 1st jab.
Saturday tea time started to feel a bit depressed/down/unwell.
Woke up this morning and thought the roof had come down on me, ached everywhere, had to drag myself out of bed. Sat down stairs at 10am with a cuppa, heating on full, and my scarf on. Freezing cold. I've been eating and i've slowly been feeling better and better as the day went on.
Starting to slow down again now(8.45pm). Early night me thinks  :(
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 23, 2021, 11:38:09 AM »
Well it's happening..........

Get your vaccination certificates on the "black market" only £150 in some cases, here's a thought wait your turn and get FREE jabs and a real certificate!!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 27, 2021, 08:42:06 PM »
Friday had 1st jab.
Saturday tea time started to feel a bit depressed/down/unwell.
Woke up this morning and thought the roof had come down on me, ached everywhere, had to drag myself out of bed. Sat down stairs at 10am with a cuppa, heating on full, and my scarf on. Freezing cold. I've been eating and i've slowly been feeling better and better as the day went on.
Starting to slow down again now(8.45pm). Early night me thinks  :(

Oh dear Fly pleased to hear you began feeling better

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 27, 2021, 08:43:03 PM »
Well it's happening..........

Get your vaccination certificates on the "black market" only £150 in some cases, here's a thought wait your turn and get FREE jabs and a real certificate!!

Are we getting the sticky foots from our GP ?

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 02, 2021, 10:53:20 AM »
Well the early signs of the easing of lockdown don't look promising........

Parks and recreation grounds packed to the gunnels with people {notice only the young!} getting drunk,dropping litter, fighting, even a case of rape reported......Ah yes nice to see were getting back to normality!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 06, 2021, 12:08:35 PM »
Just seen on the news this morning that people fear a "two tier" system if vaccine passports are needed to be able to mix socially and so therefore unfair.

My answer to that couldn't be more clear.....GOOD I'M ALL FOR IT!, if a two tier system is what's needed to keep me and my wife, who will have had our second jabs by the beginning of next month, safe from those people who flatly refuse to be vaccinated, or believe Covid only happens to others, or worst still believe it's a hoax then expect to mingle as if nothings happened, it's just not right. 
You only have to read my previous post to know there are many out there who, basically through sheer stubbornness and ignorance, will by default keep this pandemic going and those very same people will be the first to bleat about not being able to holiday or meet friends for drinks and they won't have enough brain cells to realise it's THEIR fault.

Lets have a two tier system, lets have Covid passports, because I don't want to mingle with these {dangerous} people.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk