Author Topic: Covid - 19  (Read 22011 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
Re: Covid - 19
« Reply #180 on: April 06, 2021, 01:27:44 PM »
Hear hear!
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 09, 2021, 10:06:50 AM »
Listening to the news today it is going to be expensive to go abroad for holidays due to the possibility of having to have tests before and after leaving the Uk and - paying for them ourselves!

I had a conversation with a nurse from our GP practice this week and they are as much in the dark as we are about the 'Passports'
Meanwhile insurance appears to be another confusion and worry
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2021, 12:31:56 PM »
So this is it..........D day.

I like many am in dire need of a haircut, I have just drove past our local barbers and, as expected, there's a queue. As usual social distancing is not being adhered to, there's about a dozen waiting outside to go in and they are bunched together like bananas and at such close quarters I don't think I saw one wearing a mask.
I also drove past one of our pubs getting everything ready for the "off". All I can see for the next week is wall to wall vomiting as drinkers virtually go berserk {nice haircuts though}.

My opinion is the mindless are going to force us back into lockdown and I can't see any sane way of getting us from under this cloud, we are going to be lockdown ease lockdown ease probably for the next decade. Sorry to be on such a downer but I and my wife are not in the Springtime of our years, we don't know how much time there is left and we don't want to spend it being virtual prisoners.

Lets hope that the D in D day doesn't stand for d*ckheads.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 12, 2021, 07:33:05 PM »
I really couldn't understand when anyone would want to stay up until after midnight just to get an alcoholic drink. Are they really THAT desperate :-?

My hair appointment was booked just after it was announced when they could reopen, it feels so much better now  :)

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 16, 2021, 07:58:58 PM »
As I feared...now lockdown is easing and people can think of "getting away" {not abroad} which means MILLIONS of holidaymakers that usually travel abroad now are wanting to holiday here, a staycation if you will, the inevitable will happen.... not enough spaces.
This is why I booked early, a few days down South in May and later in the year a few days on the Northeast coast, but there are rumours that certain people are contacting holiday sites, people it seems who think they are above everyone else, only to be told "Sorry fully booked" are then attempting to gazump guests that have already booked by, in some cases, offering DOUBLE the price to the owners in order to get in obviously at the expense of some innocent guest looking forward to their hols....THIS STINKS!!

These shenanigans may even appeal to some [unscrupulous] guest houses/hotels/camp site owners who, through no fault of their own, has lost business these past fifteen months or so but turning booking a holiday into an auction and letting people down is not on, so if you HAVE booked and are awaiting your holiday date I think it would be prudent to contact where you are staying and just double check your booking and what your getting, ask for written confirmation possibly by E mail.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 17, 2021, 09:46:18 AM »
Sorastro, we are still a little cautious here.
Our next ( ok first break since 2019 due to Covid) will be in June.
We have two separate weekends booked one with friends in their caravan, the other is a two night hotel stay as hubby will ( hopefully) get his 70th birthday treat from last year on the Steam Train journey.
After that it is September again in a self catering bungalow.

The biggy for us will be at the end of the year when we ( hopefully) go on the months cruise which we should have been on last year for our wedding anniversary.
I am not expecting it to be 'cruising as we know it' though!!

Apart from the above we also have numerous vouchers gifted to us one is for the Casa the others for eating places - will we be able to use them? We will the Casa as I have spoken with them but unsure about the others.
Is the Soulville Steak house re-opening does anyone know?

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 17, 2021, 11:08:34 AM »
We've no holidays planned until next year. We'll wait and see how the land lies and, if all is well, book a last minute break if possible. If not then it'll be a week at Argate!
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 18, 2021, 05:57:25 PM »
We've no holidays planned until next year. We'll wait and see how the land lies and, if all is well, book a last minute break if possible. If not then it'll be a week at Argate!

Alsatian, I don't blame you TBH. If we hadn't got the holidays already booked I doubt we would have bothered much this year. However the option is to transfer - so ---

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 23, 2021, 01:55:35 PM »
Just booked my 2nd jab up Clay Cross, Star wars day 10:00 a.m.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 23, 2021, 03:02:03 PM »
Just booked my 2nd jab up Clay Cross, Star wars day 10:00 a.m.

That'll be May the 4th then!

I had mine last Tuesday at Stubley Lane Surgery, Dronfield.

I never had any side effects with my first (Pfizer) jab, but this time my arm was quite sore and I had a headache for a couple of days.

Small price to pay 👍

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 23, 2021, 06:04:31 PM »
Daughter has her second Jab on may day at the Casa.
She was fine after the first one so hoping she's the same after the second - I know several people who have suffered more after the second one.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 16, 2021, 08:47:19 PM »
All being well I'm nipping out for a pint tomorrow evening............

Fingers crossed, I'm going to be cautious I hope everyone else is too, then we can all start to relax later in the Summer.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 17, 2021, 09:12:33 AM »
Watching the news this morning of people heading for sunnier climes I can't help but wonder if they have REALLY thought this through.

The fact that they have had their jabs and are feeling in fine fettle is obviously lulling them into a false sense of security. These people are under the impression EVERY person they interact with, or even just walk past, whilst abroad are going to be card carrying Covid free like themselves.
As I said in my earlier post there are people out there in the U.K. who are a possible danger so heaven knows who they will bump in to abroad and more over BRING IT BACK WITH THEM!

O.K. maybe I'm being over cautious, maybe I'm being alarmist, maybe I'm totally wrong about this but I wouldn't like to bet my life on it. 

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 17, 2021, 04:24:17 PM »
Daughter has been into Wetherspoons this lunch time, I expected it to be heaving but apparently not - maybe later?

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 08, 2021, 08:23:54 PM »
Watching the news this morning of people heading for sunnier climes I can't help but wonder if they have REALLY thought this through.

The fact that they have had their jabs and are feeling in fine fettle is obviously lulling them into a false sense of security. These people are under the impression EVERY person they interact with, or even just walk past, whilst abroad are going to be card carrying Covid free like themselves.
As I said in my earlier post there are people out there in the U.K. who are a possible danger so heaven knows who they will bump in to abroad and more over BRING IT BACK WITH THEM!

O.K. maybe I'm being over cautious, maybe I'm being alarmist, maybe I'm totally wrong about this but I wouldn't like to bet my life on it.

So the people holidaying in Portugal, their status has gone from green to amber in the blink of an eye and as usual most are looking round for someone to blame for their woes, well it's obvious if they hadn't been in such an all fired hurry to vacate these shores and instead aired on the side of caution they wouldn't be in this predicament.

Wait till at least NEXT YEAR to travel abroad...........It won't kill you!!!! 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk