Author Topic: Boots stores closing  (Read 593 times)

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
Boots stores closing
« on: July 02, 2023, 08:56:47 PM »
So boots have said that they will be closing stores. Where are you supposed to get a prescription from then if there isn't another chemist that does prescriptions. I mean up in the north of England there is a small boots which could be one of the many ones to close and the next boots is then 11 miles away and by bus for me. It's also that people who are elderly use boots for their prescriptions and also other people. So what are we supposed to do. People go online to get other things but you can't get a prescription online. Just what is this country coming to and just how many more shops are going to be closing. Every other week on the news it's announced that more places are to close. Recently I've read about the following places closing, boots, Iceland's, different named banks, Wilko's, trespass, plus others.

Hello to my fellow chesterfield residents, hope you are all well, hopefully be coming to visit soon😀  take care everyone.

Alsatian

• View Profile
Re: Boots stores closing
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 06:54:46 AM »
I get my prescriptions online, search for pharmacy2u. There are others as well.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2023, 10:13:36 AM »
We just get ours from our local chemist, my daughter always gets hers from Tesco.

Boots have said that closures will only happen, at first, to shops that are in close proximity to another, so I would imagine it's going to be mainly cities where there may be three or four there but it doesn't help those that will have to travel further {across the city}.
Anyway there's still numerous independent pharmacies knocking about without having to rely on Boots. Having said that, although my daughter gets her stuff from Tesco other big stores usually have a pharmacist in store, we were in Sainsburys down Whitt moor the other day and their pharmacy counter had been closed down!
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2023, 02:43:36 PM »
Our local Chemist delivers ours.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2023, 11:00:17 PM »
Our local Chemist delivers ours.
lucky you. In the town in Northumberland that hasn't got a lot going for it there is one other chemists and a while ago my mother and me went to buy some travel sickness tablet's over the counter and the staff had said that they couldn't sell them and to buy gaviscon instead and to drink it from the bottle. As this unhelpful advice was being said to us, both of us were actually in the shop and didn't need gaviscon because it was not needed, anyway the idiots who run the chemist were told that we didn't need to buy gaviscon and we needed the sickness tablets. A review of the chemists went up somewhere and then that was that they said they didn't want our custom anymore just because of a review which they picked up on all wrong. What they didn't understand was that they said they had a policy and I said well if you have a policy for certain items you state you can't sell then display the policy in the shop and don't stock what you say you can't sell. We won't and haven't shopped there again because the staff were being ridiculous about things and the way they were towards us.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2023, 10:41:53 AM »
Gaviscon? That's for indigestion isn't it?
I used to buy Indian Brandy but was told once in Boots they couldn't sell it because it hadn't got brandy in  :)) :)) :)) Yeeeeesss I knew that  :)) :)) :)) The worlds gone daft!
I haven't seen it on shelves in the shops for years now.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2023, 02:33:50 PM »
Evil stuff, I remember being given it 'hic!
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk