Author Topic: Cameron family fortune made in tax havens  (Read 11897 times)

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
Re: Cameron family fortune made in tax havens
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2012, 07:03:16 PM »
I think a good starting point is a billion. If they objected, I'd have them taken outside and shot in front of their families...
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2012, 07:16:51 PM »
I think a good starting point is a billion. If they objected, I'd have them taken outside and shot in front of their families...

When Jeremy Clarkson makes jokes about shooting people in front of their families he gets pilloried by people like Slacker!!
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2012, 07:17:47 PM »
So, nothing to worry about there then...  :P

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2012, 07:55:13 PM »
@Chris, I've tried to digest your posts, and agree with many of your points made.
I'll post this then read the replies. It's all supposition btw, and NOT a go at you  ;)

I'm on £10,000 a year, I pay 10% tax. I get £9,000 a year
I'm on £25,000 a year, I pay 20% tax. I get £20,000 a year
I'm on £50,000 a year, I pay 30% tax. I get £35,000 a year
I'm on £100,000 a year, I pay 40% tax. I get £60,000 a year
I'm on £500,000 a year, I pay 50% tax. I get £250,000 a year.
I'm on £1,000,000 a year. I pay 60% tax. I get £400,000 a year.

If I don't want to pay 60% of my wages in tax, I don't go for a £1,000,000 job.
Should the tax % be more logrithmic, based on the country's highest earners through the populus worker.

My second query is about running your own, 1 man, company. This is where I am totally lost.
Do you pay yourself a wage, taking the above into account. If so, are the company profits then added to your wage ?
Therefore putting you on a higher income.
Doesn't this encourage larger businesses to pay higher wages. They pay less tax, but their employees do.

It all sounds catch 22 to me  q?
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

chesterfieldchris

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2012, 10:11:43 PM »
POST DELETED AT USER'S REQUEST

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2012, 09:26:02 AM »
I'm on £10,000 a year, I pay 57% tax. I get £4,300 a year

I'd be better off on benefits  :o

Cheers for the explanation  ;)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

chesterfieldchris

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2012, 10:01:40 AM »
POST DELETED AT USER'S REQUEST

k4blades

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2012, 03:05:43 PM »
Why are so many people keen to demonise the rich, because they are just practising the politics of envy.

My personal view is that if someone earns some money they should have the right to keep as much as possible. If Fly takes me somewhere in his taxi and I pay him £100, then what right has someone else such as Pete, got to say, "I'll have £50.00 of that"
Thats what it all boils down to with taxes.
But the point of taxes is that we have to pay something to provide for those in need, so we provide free health, education, etc, etc, and so we allow the Govt to take some of what we earn.
However, when the Govt get greedy and lazy and inefficient, its hardly surprising that people want to do something to reduce that burden. For example, they might choose to use the democratic process to vote for someone who claims to be a Conservative, states that he believes in a smaller state, less intervention, lower taxes and so on, only to find that once elected, he turns out to be a two faced, cowardly prat.
So the rich people do what they can to protect what they have, which in turn, they will often use to build businesses, create jobs, etc, while often not using state schools or hospitals.
Meanwhile, the lazy scum who can't be bothered to get jobs, get everything they ask for from the state and contribute nothing, ( and does no one see that as immoral).
But stop demonising the rich, plenty of poor people avoid tax when ever they can. They buy their cheap fags from abroad, cheap booze, red diesel, dodgy DVD off the man at the pub....its not just the rich that robs the state, the poor do too. And the best way to deal with that is to reduce the tax burden so it becomes less of an issue. Reduce duty on fags, people won't buy them from abroad,  reduce the top rate of tax and the rich will have less incentive to move their money about.

Cameron should grow some balls and learn what it means to be conservative instead of jumping on the latest bandwagon afraid of any bad publicity, and the silly Guardian reading lefies ought to learn a bit about human nature and/or economics.

k4blades

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2012, 03:19:31 PM »
And further to the above post:
I run my own business and work lots of hours, my wife works almost full time too.
To do this we need to rely on child care.
This wasn't the case originally, man went to work, woman raised the kids. But after many years of social engineering, to get anything like a decent lifestyle, both parties need to work. Child care costs in this country are far more than anywhere else, mostly due to red tape...and of course, the minimum wage, which over the past decade or more, has driven costs up too.
So to help women go out to work, Gordon Brown introduced tax credits, which helped with child care costs.
Now, my income this year has increased quite a bit, (no Pete, I'm not rich) so they take the tax credits off of us, which now means that overall, we are worse off as a family because we get no help with child care costs. Now my wife is seriously considering packing work in, which means she won't need to pay child care as she could do it all herself, and as our family income would be less, we would then get tax credits so no worse off overall. However, my wife doesn't want to as its not just financial reasons that means she works.

But how can it be morally right for the state to create a system where you end up better off by not working and contributing, than if you are working and paying your taxes. This Govt have said repeatedly that they want to make it pay to go to work and yet they do the exact opposite, and yet those who choose not to work or get a job, just keep getting more and more.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2012, 04:48:28 PM »
Some very good points there. More intune with my brain  ;)

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2012, 04:59:44 PM »
Just to add a little fuel to the fire - I read this today:

Barclays chief Bob Diamond gives up 2012 bonus over £290m fine

Top executives forgo bonuses after bank fined £290m for 'serious, widespread' role in manipulating crucial interest rates

The £59.5m fine from the Financial Services Authority is the largest penalty ever levied by the City regulator, which found that Barclays contravened its rules for a number of years and involved "a significant number of employees".

etc etc

Should the FSA have fined them less as per the taxation level arguments presented earlier?

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2012, 06:30:11 PM »
Barclays implicates 'senior Whitehall officials'

Words fail me...

http://bit.ly/LMeXQu

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2012, 07:15:01 PM »
It wasn't me, it was him ->
Bet they're all burrying their millions under the garden shed.

They don't trust the banks  :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk