Author Topic: Time for a revolution?  (Read 13694 times)

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
Time for a revolution?
« on: July 22, 2012, 05:15:38 PM »
£13trillion hoard hidden from taxman by global elite

Todays news has a story by James Henry, former chief economist at consultancy McKinsey and an expert on tax havens. He shows that at least £13tn – perhaps up to £20tn – has leaked out of scores of countries into secretive jurisdictions such as Switzerland and the Cayman Islands with the help of private banks, which vie to attract the assets of so-called high net-worth individuals.

Their wealth is, as Henry puts it, "protected by a highly paid, industrious bevy of professional enablers in the private banking, legal, accounting and investment industries taking advantage of the increasingly borderless, frictionless global economy".

Time to arm the Occupy movement with these bastard's details and AK47s? Maybe that's what it will take for folks to put humanity first as planet Earth and its inhabitants slowly die. I hope not, but I understand why it sounds tempting.

Why don't these selfish, greedy bastards put some of their trillions into reviving the world economy? The west is quick to slag off the tyrants that are being currently deposed for being murderous, torturing gits who siphon off foreign aid into their private bank accounts, yet our elite are just as bad.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Time for a revolution?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 07:39:38 PM »
Just been reading this.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18944097

How about starting ChesterfieldOnlineBanking.org
People could send us their millions for hiding, for a small% fee, we could put this back into the economy. After costs ;-)

Oh hang on, as a bank, wouldn't we have to declare our assets to the Gov ?
So how's this work on an international level, hiding money.
Surely someone operating as a bank must conform to some global rules.
Or is that the problem, they're not ?

It's one hell of a lot of money doing nothing, wonder if they get interest on it  :))
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 08:37:05 PM »
Because the 'governments' of these countries don't have disclosure rules, hence why you put your money there.

The one thing that gets me is if you get to the point where you are hiding those sorts of sums of money what are you going to do with it? It must get to the stage where the interest alone is too much to spend???
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 09:01:29 PM »
Absolutely! That's why I would tax to death anyone who owns more than a billion pounds.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 09:59:48 PM »
There can't be any 'interest' gained. Just a fee for hiding such a stupid amount of money.
Banks make money for using your money, and profit by it.
If the banks that are handling this huge amount of money are making a profit.
What are they spending and investing the money in?

Wiping out countries by the back door.
Will America be the dogs bo**ocks of all countries.

I know I can talk sh** at times, but I just don't see how they can hide that sort of money.
It's like a James Bond movie, world domination.
I own the world, right, what am I going to do with it?
Make myself more money I don't need.
Or start helping the people who do need it. Once I've overturned their goverment,
offered them assistance, at a basic level, then own them. 
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

k4blades

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 06:12:33 PM »
Why do some people find the "greed" of rich people wrong, but not the greed of poor people. I've said it before, poor people, relatively speaking, rob the treasury of billions by buying their cheap fags and booze, etc....how come no-one disapproves of that tax dodging.

When I heard this story on the news I thought they, like so many, got it clearly wrong by saying "Govts are losing billions." WRONG, it is not theirs to lose.
If Mr. A, B or C has so many billions, that's his money, whether its from his hard graft, inherited, or pure good luck, whatever, its his money no one else's....and that would apply no matter how much or how little he actually had, what right has anyone got to take it away, he has every right to protect whats his.
And if Govt. X, Y or Z only collects a certain amount then it is they who lay the rules down and its up to the man with the money to follow the rules, as long as he does, its up to him where and what he does with his money. The Govt haven't lost anything, they just haven't gained as much as they might have. And the reason they don't increase taxes more is because they know whenever they do, it results in less income as everyone, rich and poor, looks for ways to save paying it.

So if you thing we don't have enough public money going round, instead of attacking the rich, who will eventually pull us out of this financial mess with their investments and job creation, and attack the Govt for the abysmal way they control spending. 

chesterfieldchris

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 12:57:30 AM »
POST DELETED AT USER'S REQUEST

chesterfieldchris

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 01:06:11 AM »

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 08:23:55 AM »
And by doing so you would have removed billions of pounds from charities and their dependants around the globe - committing thousands to death around the globe.  Let us not forget the often vilified and hated Bill Gates, the epitomy of capitalism itself, holds the record for the largest donation to charity in history of over $4 Billion.  But Im sure by taxing him to death, that money would have filtered its way through the efficiencies of the public sectors around the world and made it to the mouths of the needy....  ::)

Isn't it you who always talks about people paying on the same percentages?
$4bn to Gates is a drop in his considerable ocean.

chesterfieldchris

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 09:30:41 AM »

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 11:22:11 AM »
you want me to donate 50% of my net worth?
No problem
I think my current net worth of available income is about £4.50. Charity of your choice.

chesterfieldchris

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 11:36:00 AM »

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 11:40:39 AM »
and I refer you to my previous answer!!!!!

chesterfieldchris

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 11:49:40 AM »

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 12:00:29 PM »
You compared me to Bill Gates
He owns outright at least 1 $100m house. I have a sizeable mortgage on mine which I struggle each month to pay
He probably gets chauffered everywhere but if not he probably own a few nice cars (as well as the obligatory Prius for the days when he's saving the planet). My car is on its last legs,its net worth is approaching zero and when it does blow up I can't afford to replace it. Sadly because I have to be at work at times when public transport is at best sporadic its a bit of a necessity. You see certain peple who only want to work 9-5 expect me to be available outside of those hours so they can shop.
The council, gasman electric government etc etc want their cut each month.
If its ok with you I do like to eat at least once a week.
The ex wife still takes her cut for the kids.
I really don't need you to tell me I have problems thank you very much!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk