Author Topic: Cameron plays the God card  (Read 692 times)

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
Cameron plays the God card
« on: April 21, 2014, 10:32:45 AM »
"In a letter to The Telegraph, 55 public figures from a range of political backgrounds accuse him of fostering “alienation” and actively harming society by repeatedly emphasising Christianity."

I think this is wrong - religion should be left to the individual and has no mandate in politics. When I vote, I vote for the party that has, by my standards, the best ideas for the country and the people. I don't want his mumbo jumbo beliefs to affect how the country is run, it is one step away from racism and insulting to hard-working, ordinary folks who practice a different faith.

Although it is probably his way of attracting UKIP supporters to vote Tory at the next election...
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Cameron plays the God card
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 11:01:17 AM »
I'm not too sure how he can 'harm society' by this but I disagree with anyone who uses their religion to better themselves in anyway.
It's a private choice of the individual and should be left out of politics!!

Cameron has proved he will do anything and disregard anyone who tries to put common sense into some of his actions whilst in office.

Just as an added opinion, I don't believe any true Christian would do what he has done, it's certainly not what the Bible tells us to live like - do unto others as you would have other do to you - would he really like the tables to be turned on him?
My other thoughts are is he a practicing Christian -  does anyone know?
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk