Author Topic: Borises Brexit Mayhem  (Read 683 times)

hifimad

• View Profile
Borises Brexit Mayhem
« on: September 07, 2019, 12:31:00 PM »
When Boris became PM everyone said give him a chance he can't possibly be any worse than Theresa May, well bang goes that theory.

In the space of a few sitting days in Parliament he has managed to lose a slender majority (he never had as he was being propped up by the DUP), he has been shown to have lied about proroguing parliament, he has thrown out of the party some of the most highly respected Tory MPs and ex Ministers including the grandson of Winston Churchill, and let’s not forget Rory Stewart who received his expulsion notice by text at the award ceremony where he received the politician of the year award, he has also managed to annoy the Chief Constable of West Yorkshire Police by using Police recruits as a backdrop for a rambling political speech on the same day his own brother becomes the first MP to resign to spend less time with his family.

He has attempted to bully Parliament with deceit and bluster and he has been soundly put in his place by that very same Parliament indeed his one achievement (no doubt unintended) is to unite Parliament in opposition to his bully boy tactics.

As I write this I am listening to the news which has reported that Boris has stated he intends to ignore the law passed in the two Houses of Parliament which has instructed him to seek an extension to article fifty, so not  only is he a serial liar and a bully it may transpire that he is a criminal as well, what i do find funny is that he fought the referendum on the mantra of bringing back control of UK laws to the UK Parliament, the very same Parliamentary laws he is demonstrating he intends to ignore, clearly what he meant was bring back control to Parliament as long as the laws passed suit Boris and the Tory Party.

It strikes me that what the Tory Brexiteers are about is leaving the EU so that any laws that are passed by Parliament that they do not like can be easily ignored whereas it is a lot more difficult to ignore EU law.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk