Author Topic: vote Brexit Party get Tories  (Read 1366 times)

hifimad

• View Profile
vote Brexit Party get Tories
« on: November 12, 2019, 01:48:07 PM »
After some alledged behind the scenes communications between the Tory Party and the Brexit party the tories will not be contested by the Brexit Party in existing Parliamentary seats, two things spring to mind as a result of this decision firstly it denies the Brexit Party supporters the choice of who they wanted to vote for in a shameless attempt to force them to vote Tory in the upcoming General Election, secondly it seems to me that Farage (pronounced garage) is still a Tory supporter.
When you consider that Farage has been banging on about democracy for years i for one do not understand why he is denying his own supporters a choice on who they can vote for, i regard his actions at an attempt at manipulating the democratic process and i think that it would be better if the Brexit Party members should just join the Tory Party in order to clarify their position.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: vote Brexit Party get Tories
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 04:49:39 PM »
Farage and leopards don't change their spots Hifimad  ::)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 08:33:26 PM »
 Farage would have struck a deal with one or the other parties anyway, more so the Tories because you are right, deep down he's a closet Conservative and always has been, he just fakes the fact he's on the "working mans" side. He's made a deal with the devil for three main reasons.
 Firstly what he said a few days ago about fielding candidates in every seat at the election, that was a no brainer from the off as he hasn't got that many candidates to put up.
Secondly he's on Trumps side over the possible incursion into the N.H.S. so are the Tories, Labour wouldn't be {as yet}
Thirdly he's making too much money out of being a Euro M.P. to give it all up, he just comes on telly and tells you {like the rest} what you want to hear.

Say what you like about Farage,Johnson, Corbyn et al they earn shed loads of wonga each year just giving the impression they are earning their pay and each year the vast majority fall for it.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 01:09:23 AM »
And I agree with most of what you say Sorastro.

Most might genuinly care to start with,
until they are on the ladder,
then lose the plot  :-X

Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 09:09:46 PM »
Well one week to go.....
The promises are flying thick and fast, the vast sums of money {earmarked} are just figures plucked out of thin air as none of the main parties sums add up. The shortages of man power in the Police, Teaching profession and in the N.H.S. it appears will be solved overnight by the very people that created the shortages in the first place, in short everyone is lying through their back teeth.

We are one of the richest nations on earth yet the vast majority of this countries inhabitants are living a third world existence.
There are approximately 150 Billionaires living here and most pay less tax than a full time road sweeper.
A large percentage, of what industry we have left, is foreign owned, we dance to other peoples tunes.

If you honestly think that entering a polling booth and voting for party A,B or C next Thursday is going to suddenly make things better and start improving for the vast populous of this nation then good luck with that {it's never happened before so why expect it now?}
I blame the voter...... if voters didn't vote in these parties we wouldn't be in this mess year after year after endless year.

I have just seen on the news today about the French, they have learned that they too {like we did} are going to have to work longer to reach retirement and their pensions are to be "cut". When this happened here there was much tutting and blowing and muttering "That's not fair" and that was it, that's as far as we went with our "protests", in France they are taking to the streets and literally tearing the place apart AND THEY WILL WIN, because it's the only way governments get the message.
We haven't taken to the streets since the Poll Tax "riots" before that it was the Tolpuddle martyrs, so unlike the French we don't do it often, and this I think is our problem, the Brits are a pushover.
Many years ago our political system was the envy of the world, now we are a laughing stock, why? because we KNOW we are being shafted by our successive government{s} and still we do nothing, all we do is moan and vote, moan and vote, the cycle HAS to be broken.

As for next Thursday I am doing exactly what I've done for the past forty odd years at election time, steering well clear of a polling station. Some may say "Well if you haven't voted in all that time then your not in a position to criticise others that do" quite true, but when the truth dawns and reality strikes {as it will} and suddenly all is not well in Utopia I can safely hold up my hands and say "Don't blame me"

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 05:39:00 PM »
the one thing i have always done is that i have always voted, however i have never voted FOR a candidate my vote has always been a negative vote, what i mean by that is that i have always cast my vote to keep others out rather than a positive vote to actually get a person in on the basis of his or her policies or beliefs. and yes by voting all we are doing is to lend creedence to a corrupt and discredited system, what i do find amusing is countless pro brexit tories saying if we don't do brexit it will damage our democracy, thats like saying we had better not raise the titanic in case we damage it, democracy in this country is already bust and it will continue to be so until the politicians decide to fix it which the will not do as it suits them to keep the status quo.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2019, 12:24:22 AM »
How many of the 150 billionaires are 'known' Labour supporters. Anyone ?

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2019, 12:30:12 PM »
Last day of the leaders running around the country kissing ars*s as well as babies {hopefully not in that order}

One thing that would turn this election on it's head and maybe end up with a "fairer" result is if everyone voting didn't vote for the party of their choice, but instead voted for their SECOND choice, that would stir things up a bit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk