Author Topic: a flask of cofee is a picnic according to police  (Read 563 times)

hifimad

• View Profile
a flask of cofee is a picnic according to police
« on: January 09, 2021, 02:27:41 PM »
This is what Derbyshire Police said to justify an imposition of a £200 fine (each) after numerous of their number surrounded the two women who went for their exersize to walk around round a reservoir, thank god they did not take a scotch egg with them as after Gove stated a scotch egg constituted a substantial meal the police could have fined them for having an open a resteuraunt open to the public in the shape of a car.

We are constantly being told how short staffed our Police are and this proves the lie, if you or i call out the police to deal with a burglary or vandalism to property they turn up days later, yet they have enough manpower to turn up mob handed to fine two ladies who were abiding by lockdown rules and not breaking any law.

These ladies were not posing any risk to themselves or others however by surrounding these ladies mob handed the risk  to health these ladies faced was imediatly multiplied, the only risky behaviour which warranted a fine in this case was commited by the Police themselves.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: a flask of cofee is a picnic according to police
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 08:41:23 PM »
I think we can expect more of this.
I think the police were making a point but I don't know enough about it to comment.
We all just need to stay very local for our walks - not that I'll be going out walking it's too cold for me and sets allergies off.
Actually I'm enjoying the rest of not having to dash around.  ;)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Tarzan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 05:31:53 PM »
Perhaps the officers got confused in the briefing. Picnic & Nitpick do sound similar . :-\

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 08:17:49 PM »
Perhaps the officers got confused in the briefing. Picnic & Nitpick do sound similar . :-\

It appears to be an all too familiar scene with the police...in short the two ladies were easy targets. The police, as with litter wardens, know their limitations. It's easier to prosecute a mum because her small child has accidentally dropped a sweet wrapper out of the pushchair without her knowledge than to prosecute a couple of yobbo's swearing and dropping fast food wrappers everywhere.
The police have been given powers during this pandemic but don't use much common sense when enforcing it. Instead of say riding the buses STOPPING people who haven't a mask from boarding {as it plainly says on the front of most buses}, stopping them going into shops for the same reason, they would sooner drive out into the "less" populated countryside in their nice comfy motors and pick on descent citizens.

One thing these ladies should have done is ask the policemen concerned if they were doing the same....I.E. they were "Derbyshire Police" which means they could have arrived at that location from as much as 20 miles away, they obviously had to "walk" to approach the ladies, a pound to a penny says their police car contained refreshment of some kind {sandwiches...soft drinks....coffee...sweets}.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 12:51:03 AM »
Sorasto you forgot donuts, i have followed all the rules during lockdown as it is common sense, however i have to sympahise with the young peple who have raves and parties even though i know that their behaviour does pose a risk to others. i thought backto when i was young and thought what would i have thought to all the bars shut and being locked down and though i cannot be 100% sure i think i may have continued wanting to party.

One other thing is the minute i heard the police were going to be involved i had to question my support for lockdown as the police are the biggest criminal gang in the country and only interested in flexing their muscles and bossing people around while inventing laws where none exist as with these two ladies.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk