Author Topic: Covid - 19  (Read 22028 times)

wollygobble

• View Profile
Re: Covid - 19
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2020, 07:17:52 PM »
Well it seems Boris has finally caught up with you - lockdown from next Wednesday from what I hear.
It's now official, but it's Thursday (subject to parliamentary approval on Wednesday).

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2020, 08:17:17 PM »
Having watched him on t.v. this evening his mantra of "Never say your sorry" still seems to be intact.

He hasn't grasped what everyone is saying "Why are we getting this spike" he glibly replies the Continent is in the same boat.

Take Germany that's spiking, but as one of his advisers let slip, Germany is in trouble mainly because it's surrounded by NINE other countries so have their work cut out. We on the other hand are an ISLAND if any country has a head start on other countries and a chance to bring this pandemic under control it's us, the bloke has no idea, just how many more Covid casualties will it take before someone tells him he's fired.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2020, 01:57:46 PM »
he always sails over the facts and and makes excuses.
It should have been done ages ago, but when he stands there telling people to go out there as normal what did he expect - some can't logic it out for themselves and he shouldn't presume everyone can or will!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2020, 12:35:02 PM »
Despite Covid some firms are booming and their profits soaring.

It is alleged:-

When one of these companies gets a government contract it's champagne all round as they can literally write their own cheques.
Covid was the best thing that ever happened as far as they are concerned, and long may it continue!!

Test and trace has been outsourced to private firms since March, the T&T fiasco that EVERYONE is now aware of has cost the taxpayer well in excess of £150million thus far and it's shambolic to say the least. Now lockdown part deux has arrive for who knows how long these same companies are being retained, so for the next few weeks the taxpayer will be shovelling wads of cash into these companies bank accounts and you can bet your bottom dollar {if there's any dollars left} we won't be a great deal better off.
Watch this space!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2020, 10:03:18 AM »
We went shopping yesterday morning and to and from the supermarket I bet we didn't see more than two dozen vehicles.

Now, bearing in mind the obvious turmoil the country is in, I would have thought that given the movement of people is at an all time low, wouldn't it be a good time to start "tidying" the place up a bit, for example:-

Send council workers out to start filling in the pot holes, replacing/realigning road signs, re painting lines on the roads etc. I don't mean send gangs of them out, one bloke with a flatbed transit could do most of these chores on his own.

Noticed on the news this morning:-

Edmund King president of the AA says because of the lockdown, now would be a good time for the government to start filling in pot holes and re surfacing our roads. He says it could all be done with £10 billion.

Good idea {bit on the late side} but good idea.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2020, 12:47:10 PM »
This time around there are so many people that I know who have got it or had it.
We are bunkered down.
I tried the Click and Collect service from Tesco last week, it actually worked quite well. I think the only draw back with it would be if it was raining heavy.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2020, 06:51:51 PM »
I tried the Click and Collect service from Tesco last week, it actually worked quite well. I think the only draw back with it would be if it was raining heavy.

Amazing isn't it O.C. click and collect works very well....track and trace doesn't!

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2020, 01:39:21 PM »
We did a click and collect from Tesco Clay Cross for my brother in law first lockdown as they were isolating due to a vulnerable person in the household, worked fine and was very easy. We've been using delivery from Sainsburys and they've never let us down really even when we were doing weekly shops totalling £300/£400 as we shopped for 3 or 4 households. We'd been long time delivery pass holders so we got priority over booking delivery slots during the first lockdown.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2020, 01:21:31 PM »
I've used Tesco and Iceland deliveries in the first lockdown.
Both worked well enough but the fresh fruit and veg at times left a lot to be desired.
Have to say the click and collect fresh items were better but maybe that's just down to the packer!

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2020, 02:51:19 PM »
I've used Tesco and Iceland deliveries in the first lockdown.
Both worked well enough but the fresh fruit and veg at times left a lot to be desired.
Have to say the click and collect fresh items were better but maybe that's just down to the packer!

We have our shopping delivered from Morrisons, and the state of some of the packing beggars belief!

Six pints of milk on top of a cake. Large bag of potatoes on top of eggs!

Give me strength.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2020, 08:36:08 PM »
We have our shopping delivered from Morrisons, and the state of some of the packing beggars belief!

Give me strength.

Some explanations Alsatian....we shop in  Morrisons and I've noticed those going round the store order picking the average age looks to be about 14. Where they are getting them from I don't know, one possible explanation is students {schoolkids even} after a bit of ready cash as you can bet they will be on just a few pounds an hour. They could even be the offspring of some of the staff drafted in to help, either way they seem to be left to their own devices. I saw one of them the other day picking, her finger nails had to be an inch long, which must have cost an arm and a leg, she looked like Wolverine, handling food and virtually having to use both hands to pick items up, picking seemed alien to her.
It was just the same when I had my parcel delivery head on years ago. During busy times {Xmas} they drafted in agency staff to sort parcels into skips for relevant drivers to then load and deliver. I've lost count of the number of times I've found half a dozen cases of heavy wine stacked in a skip on top of fragile parcels {t.v. monitors...kids toys} a few underneath crushed to b*ggery, this is why a lot of people had to re order stuff, the crushed "toy" was quietly sent back by the depot so by the time the customer got it, after the re order, the company was getting a reputation for it's late deliveries, when most of the time they were having to cover for rubbish workers.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2020, 08:45:16 PM »
Was informed yesterday of an "incident" in Chesterfield.....

Police in the town centre came across at least two dozen students {obviously from Chesterfield College} all sat together and when the police tried to peacefully "break up" the gathering by explaining the Covid rules they were met by torrents of abuse.

That's all the info I got, so if anyone can fill in the blanks feel free, but if that's the attitude we can expect from people Covid will be going on for a very long time.

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 12, 2020, 03:07:06 PM »

Give me strength.
We've had the odd similar instance with our Sainsburys delivery but we always mention it to the the driver and they refund it and let us keep it unless its really bad.

We've had the odd strange sub as well, we ordered some Sainsburys nappy pants for our little one which they didnt have but instead of sending a different make in the same size they sent Sainsburys one 2 sizes smaller. Then more recently we ordered some champagne for a birthday do and it was 25% off plus more of a discount for buying 6. They only sent 5 saying they couldnt do six bottles so that ended up costing more than the 6 bottles should have been...one phone call to customer services sorted that with a refund of sorts etc.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2020, 07:20:04 PM »
It's certainly a gamble at times but I'm sticking with it for now. It's not been too good in our village with the Covid and the schools struggled a bit as well.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 09:42:58 PM by Old Cruser »

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2020, 09:58:34 PM »
We get a refund for any damaged items but, in these days, it's difficult to get replacements if the item is unusable.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk