Author Topic: Should the UK send less money to other countries and look after it's own.  (Read 1016 times)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Fury as Pickles says aid abroad stops floods here: Minister claims cash helps in battle against global warming

Tory MPs have called for foreign aid budget to be raided to help stricken areas of the West Country
    But Communities Secretary Eric Pickles has rejected the demands
    He claimed foreign aid money will help to curb global warming
    Residents whose homes are underwater branded his claims 'nonsense'

Surely they could send less  :?
This could be used to help people stuck in non sellable uninsurable properties in new flood areas.

Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Big Dave

• View Profile
Re: Should the UK send less money to other countries and look after it's own.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 06:55:36 PM »
BBC Science Correspondent on six o'clock news said there's no evidence that the floods are caused by global warming. Pickles, as usual, is talking out of his bottom.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 06:58:49 PM »
Surely they could send less  :?
This could be used to help people stuck in non sellable uninsurable properties in new flood areas.

What he said, and I know there's an argument that people choose to live in a lovely house that's at the side of a river without giving much thought to its' consequences, but, if avoided the riversides, there'd be a lot of empty areas around rivers and everyone crowded together in cities!
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 07:08:50 PM »
My bad for starting a new thread then mentioning floods that is currently being posted in on another thread. Sorry  ;)
http://chesterfieldonline.org/index.php/topic,4315.0.html

Money sent abroad could still help/benefit people over here though. Transport for the needy. Elderly care etc.
Looking after our own.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 07:32:49 PM »
The monies sent abroad should be cut and given to people in the UK who are suffering.
The whole thing is a shambles as people ask for sand bags and get none
I had thought Cameron told people that the money would be no object
Whem Miliband tried to pin him down as to exactly what he meant by that he then said it was just for relief aid!!
 Up to 5 grand in grants wil be available for people who are at risk from it happening again.
I have no idea how much this would cost but what I do know is that 5 grand doesn't go very far these days
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 07:35:04 PM by Old Cruser »
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk