Author Topic: Chesterfield.. booming town or doss hole!  (Read 6129 times)

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
Re: Chesterfield.. booming town or doss hole!
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2023, 08:41:20 PM »
Heard on radio Sheffield news that Chesterfield council are bankrupt they haven't a pit to poss in !!!!!

So all unnecessary work earmarked will be mothballed {that's jargon for you'll get now't}.... so what else is new.

So it's now official....Chesterfield is a dump! and a penniless one at that, if you keep going they will do next to nothing, vote with your feet and stay away and go elsewhere you'll soon see a turnaround.
😭 You called chesterfield a dump, that's upsetting for me.

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2023, 08:49:00 PM »
Apparently there is an online Wilko scam doing the rounds offering up to 90% discounted goods.

It's a scam because Wilko DON'T now sell on line.....so beware!!
Wilko's was warned but they didn't listen to the advice given to them. The granddaughter was too busy with bonuses. I've not really got much sympathy for the family that ran the business in to the ground. It was overpriced and the sale has been shocking. I went in one the other day and all I saved was 50p. They were still selling stuff at high prices.

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2023, 08:55:40 PM »
CHESTERFIELD IS NOT A DUMP AND NEVER HAS BEEN AND NEVER EVER WILL BE.

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2023, 04:54:28 PM »
😭 You called chesterfield a dump, that's upsetting for me.
If it's a dump as you suggest why the hell are you bothering to go on the forum. Surely that wouldn't be good enough for you either. That's actually a disgusting comment about a market town steeped in history people go to work everyday in chesterfield working to feed their families etc. Sheffield oh lord now that place is a untidy mess with more shops closed than open in chesterfield. You trying your best to turn people away from chesterfield or something.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 04:56:49 PM by Chesterfield 4ever »

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2023, 05:22:45 PM »
With my posts bemoaning Chesterfield it sounds like I've got it in for Chesterfield, maybe I have, but other towns of roughly the same size are also as bad so Chesterfield is not alone in urban decline I was just using Chesterfield as a {good} example.
You are actually saying that they open a new shop just for them to shut it a few months down the line. Why would anyone go in to a business to go through the process of getting a shop lease to then close the shop they opened. Unless they had to shut because of a good reason most of them rent a shop for at least 6 to 12 months. You seem to exaggerate things about chesterfield to the next level of it having nothing. The last time I was visiting the hotels were fully booked and the town had plenty of people shopping in it. Going in the spire and queens park. So people have opinions and yes this is mine.

People may ask {as I'm Chesterfield born and bred} why do I seemingly berate it so, it's simple, I say as I find, just because I was born here does not mean I have a moral obligation to support it. Whenever I go to town nowadays nothing seems to change, new shops do open yes, but then usually within a couple of months they are shut again. I happened to be on Packers row yesterday stood outside what used to be Greenwoods tailors, Packers row is what 250 yards long? and at the moment there are 3 empty shops on it, and that's just one small street in the town. The market, to say it was a Friday as usual was a joke, possibly 8 to 10 stalls max most of them selling tat.
 Not only are there empty shops all over town but just think of the empty business premises above them. 
So if you then take away the charity shops, the betting shops and pound shops and you'll be left with next to nothing.
 I read in the D.T. that Chesterfield Council are trumpeting all this new business that's {supposed} to be coming to Chesterfield, all I can say is, if true, they want to hurry up.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2023, 06:38:38 PM »
I was pleased to a photograph of the train running in the Queens Park the other day. I thought it had closed. So many children had lots of fun on that train.
Can anyone remember the paddling pool ? It's been gone for many years yet i would love to see it return but it has a cost attached to it so I doubt it will.
It's been so long since we went into the Queens Park, my extended family of children had so much fun in the playground near the café - is the café still open ??
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2023, 08:09:41 PM »
If it's a dump as you suggest why the hell are you bothering to go on the forum. Surely that wouldn't be good enough for you either. That's actually a disgusting comment about a market town steeped in history people go to work everyday in chesterfield working to feed their families etc. Sheffield oh lord now that place is a untidy mess with more shops closed than open in chesterfield. You trying your best to turn people away from chesterfield or something.

I refer you to my previous posts on the above. It sounds from your post as though your blaming me for Chesterfield's demise when all I am doing is stating the obvious. Go through any of my posts on this subject and tell me where I have fabricated or grossly exaggerated any truths about Chesterfield {in short if I've made it up}.
You deride me for bringing down Chesterfield, yet in the very same paragraph YOU go on to do the same about Sheffield, and what's worse you have spent numerous posts on this topic on what an absolute dive of a place your living in at the moment yet that seems o.k to you, the words pot, kettle and black immediately spring to mind.
As for the first sentence of your post....I have as much right {like you} to be on this forum, till the moderator deems otherwise.

{Voltaire said}... "I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2023, 10:02:13 PM »
We need to move on from this now.

Chesterfield 4ever -  Sorastro has a right to his/her opinions as you do. What isn't acceptable are the over reacting posts and attacks which have been made to Sorastro by you.

We all respect your views as we respect each others views.

Anymore challenging posts will be deleted!  MD
Please lets move on from this  MD
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2023, 10:52:18 PM »
We need to move on from this now.

What she said  (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk