Author Topic: Welfare Reform Bill Disgrace  (Read 4558 times)

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
Welfare Reform Bill Disgrace
« on: March 01, 2012, 02:21:04 PM »
This country just gets worse and worse - please read before commenting.

http://bit.ly/zHGdh9

Hat tip to Patrick
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Welfare Reform Bill Disgrace
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 05:01:19 PM »
Downright disgusting  >:(
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 06:24:56 PM »
Reminds me of the story a few weeks ago of the Chesterfield guy with a heart complaint who was declared "fit for work" after a 10 minute examination and died a month later of a heart attack whilst waiting for surgery.

http://bit.ly/zwTbdG

It's too easy to generalise about so-called benefit scroungers as featured daily in the Mail and Telegraph. Yes, there are idle bastards that don't want to work and devious people who know how to work the system, but knee-jerk reaction is not the answer.

We have a government to be ashamed of.

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 06:31:07 PM »

We have a government to be ashamed of.

Actually we have a government that the people of this country elected. Go figure!
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

k4blades

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 06:32:29 PM »
Pete, its easy to blame the Govt, but as per the post about that bloke who claimed money he wasn't entitled too, if the last Government(s) had done more to control the system in the first place, what little money there is could be spent on those who are deserving. That doesn't make it right of course, but at least they are trying to sort out a bloody terrible mess that the last Govt. failed to do anything about. 

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 06:58:05 PM »
I agree actually - but who has the power to change anything? The government.

@ Jon - I think you'll find Rupert Murdock decides who will rule this country  :o

Talking of Murdock, dynasty of shame and corruption between newspapers, the police and politicians - forced to close the NOW because of the massive scale of corruption and law-breaking on ALL sides, yet 3.5 million muppets bought his new sunday newspaper last week... Go figure  :(

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 07:19:32 PM »
Pete, its easy to blame the Govt, but as per the post about that bloke who claimed money he wasn't entitled too, if the last Government(s) had done more to control the system in the first place, what little money there is could be spent on those who are deserving. That doesn't make it right of course, but at least they are trying to sort out a bloody terrible mess that the last Govt. failed to do anything about.

I don't think the last gov 'failed' to do owt about it.
The mess left by the one before was too bigger job LOL  ::)
etc etc etc etc etc
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 08:15:51 PM »
I blame Margaret Thatcher Hitler  :)

k4blades

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 08:29:38 PM »
I agree actually - but who has the power to change anything? The government.

@ Jon - I think you'll find Rupert Murdock decides who will rule this country  :o

Talking of Murdock, dynasty of shame and corruption between newspapers, the police and politicians - forced to close the NOW because of the massive scale of corruption and law-breaking on ALL sides, yet 3.5 million muppets bought his new sunday newspaper last week... Go figure  :(

I agree with that, everyone was up in arms about the NOW  a few months back, and yet here they are buying it again, and as Jon says, its the people that vote Govts in. I sometimes find myself thinking that the British public are incredibly stupid. (But then I remember America).

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 08:33:26 PM »
>> I sometimes find myself thinking that the British public are incredibly stupid. (But then I remember America).

Love it... :)

k4blades

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 08:36:03 PM »

I don't think the last gov 'failed' to do owt about it.
The mess left by the one before was too bigger job LOL  ::)
etc etc etc etc etc

Under the last Govt the number of people claiming disability soared. Everyone with a minor twitch in the back claiming they can't work, or people saying they can't work due to stress. They did this because there were relatively little checks, but the benefits were so much better than just unemployment benefits. And the Govt turned a blind eye, as it looked like unemployment was under control. That's one of the main reasons that unemployment figures are now rising at the same time as employment is rising. And as per the earlier post about people being classed as disabled because they are obese. The people who really suffer are those who are in genuine need, because the pot of money has to be shared out so much. If disability allowances were saved for those in genuine need, and everyone else classed as unemployed, then the Govt can tackle the problem, this govt didn't create that mess.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 09:00:09 PM »
Isn't this down to the doctors who decide a person is unfit for work.

I had a 2 week club note for 'Dispepsia', issued by my doctor, some years ago.
Google it  ;D
I had 2 week on the p1**. Cheers Doctor

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 09:11:00 PM »
The Brian Reade column about American health care is interesting. Is this what we want?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/the-sick-truth-behind-the-american-dream-748028

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 09:43:52 PM »
The Brian Reade column about American health care is interesting. Is this what we want?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/the-sick-truth-behind-the-american-dream-748028

I refer you to my previous answer! 10.7 million people evidently do. And because of our archaic voting system they negated the wishes of the other 56 million
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 10:03:36 PM »
That topic has been done to death; I don't want to see EDL & BNP & any other nutters in parliament

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk