Author Topic: Iran Israel Trouble?  (Read 2459 times)

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
Iran Israel Trouble?
« on: February 11, 2012, 07:10:45 PM »
Been hearing lots of talk just lately about Israel getting ready for a major strike against Iran.

Now I read in today's papers this from Iran:

"In the coming days the world will witness Iran's announcement of its very important and very major nuclear achievements," Ahmadinejad told a crowd at Tehran's Azadi [Freedom] Square broadcast on state television."

Sounds spooky to me...  :(
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
Re: Iran Israel Trouble?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 09:05:01 PM »
Been hearing lots of talk just lately about Israel getting ready for a major strike against Iran.

Now I read in today's papers this from Iran:

"In the coming days the world will witness Iran's announcement of its very important and very major nuclear achievements," Ahmadinejad told a crowd at Tehran's Azadi [Freedom] Square broadcast on state television."

Sounds spooky to me...  :(
I agree, but surely Iran (if they have the capability) would not be stupid enough to launch a nuclear strike against anyone, never mind a neighbouring country.
Lets hope so anyway.
Maybe Irans way of telling everyone that they are up there with everyone else , after all why should they be dictated to in terms of developing nuclear anything?
Everyone else has done it, and I know there are numerous treaties about limiting what weapons are pointed at each other, and so on, but at least, so far, the presence of a nuclear deterrent has prevented another World War.
Iran claims it is willing to talk about its Nuclear options - the Western world at the moment do not seem keen on any dialogue (IMHO).
Lets hope it does not escalate :-\
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 11:30:01 AM »
Israel is one of the worst aggressors in the Middle East but as there are prominent Jews in high places in USA they will never say a word against them.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 03:01:35 PM »
Do you know I always thought they were an aggressive nation - and maybe they have been, but a couple of years ago we visited Eygpt and Israel and found the people very firendly and 'not in your face' to sell stuff. I felt 'safe' there.
Unlike Eygpt where to be honest I didn't feel that safe, being transported with an armed guard on the tour bus in a convoy, not allowed to stop, with police cars at the front and back of it didn't help, then trying to look at the pyramids being hassled by sellers on foot and on camels. Wouldn't go back there.

On the downside of Israel is the huge wall which cuts off Bethlehem, the tour guide from Israel had to get off the bus whilst we went through the entrance and once inside the walls of Bethlehem another guide got on. Same when we returned back through the wall (changed back to first guide as the one from Bethlehem wasn't allowed through the other side} - only armed guards got onto the coach with HUGE weapons (no wise cracks!) Not scared of them --- but what a way to live.
Our visit into Jerusalem will stay in our minds forever - but even this is now split into 4 cultures
We are lucky in many ways to be living in the uk.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 04:57:56 PM »
People in most countries are decent it's the rulers

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 05:32:59 PM »
Saw this in today's paper:

Israeli prime minister Binyamin Netanyahu has accused Iran of being behind twin attacks on Israeli targets in India and Georgia on Monday in a move likely to further escalate tensions between the two countries and increase international pressure on the Iranian regime.

The attacks, in which four people were injured, followed a warning from Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, earlier this month that the Islamic Republic would retaliate against international sanctions and would back "any nation or group" that sought to "confront and fight" Israel.

I think they are both spoiling for a fight.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

k4blades

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 05:58:56 PM »
I agree, and the worrying thing is that if there was any trouble, the Yanks would want to join in on behalf of Israel, then we would end up getting dragged into it.
This was always a possibilty after Saddam was got rid off. Iran and Irag kept each other in check.

Stuart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 08:27:50 PM »
Saw this in today's paper:

Israeli prime minister Binyamin Netanyahu has accused Iran of being behind twin attacks on Israeli targets in India and Georgia...

And in a bunker near Washington, an American general is thinking "We'd better get them damned Iranis before they invade Florida and Alabama, too!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk