Author Topic: Nicest Areas to Live in Chesterfield  (Read 502 times)

Bolls

• View Profile
Nicest Areas to Live in Chesterfield
« on: December 18, 2023, 01:49:08 PM »
Hi

I've been visiting the town centre for years because I love it! I'm now thinking of relocating to Chesterfield altogether and have started looking at properties.

I was wondering, what are the nicest areas to look at? It doesn't have to be close to anything, i'm just looking for decent areas as i'm totally clueless!

Thanks in advance!

smithy266

• View Profile
Re: Nicest Areas to Live in Chesterfield
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 08:54:51 AM »
Unstone is nice...moved to here from Sheffield...lots of nice local views, lots of walking trails..decent bus service...

Bolls

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2023, 12:03:08 PM »
Thanks, i'll have a look. I am also moving from Sheffield and don't drive so good to know about the bus service!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2024, 09:03:22 AM »
New Tupton s a decent place to live, there's quite a lot going on in the community and there's a nature reserve which hosts a wealth of wildlife.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Doyouwanttostart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2024, 08:53:03 PM »
Newbold. Brockwell. Good luck with your move.

kromercap

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2024, 08:56:28 PM »
How "nice" an area is to live in, depends entirely on how much money you have to spend on a property.

If you're moderately well-off then Walton or Ashgate are pleasant enough.

A step up from there would be Upper Brampton / Brookside / the poorer end of Somersall, if you don't mind the lack of any local amenities.

If you're fairly rich then the rest of Somersall and out into Holymoorside could be right for you.

If you're a millionaire then Old Brampton, and a few of the out-lying areas to the west are beautiful. But you are getting a bit far from the town out there and are going to keep your chauffer busy driving you to Morrisons every Friday.

As for the rest of the town, well trust me, you can tell a lot about a neighbourhood by how much the houses cost.
There are no property bargains or "secret enclaves" that no one else knows about.

Chesterfield is just like any other town, and if a house looks so cheap that anyone could afford it, it's probably because no one wants to live there.   ;)

Doyouwanttostart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2024, 05:32:34 PM »
Hi

I've been visiting the town centre for years because I love it! I'm now thinking of relocating to Chesterfield altogether and have started looking at properties.

I was wondering, what are the nicest areas to look at? It doesn't have to be close to anything, i'm just looking for decent areas as i'm totally clueless!

Thanks in advance!

Just remember to ask the estate agent what area's are prone to flooding or any that have been flooded because who would buy a house that flood's infact they are not even going to sell unfortunately.  An estate agent or even someone selling a property has to tell you which areas are  the ones that would flood.

Doyouwanttostart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2024, 05:46:47 PM »
How "nice" an area is to live in, depends entirely on how much money you have to spend on a property.

If you're moderately well-off then Walton or Ashgate are pleasant enough.

A step up from there would be Upper Brampton / Brookside / the poorer end of Somersall, if you don't mind the lack of any local amenities.

If you're fairly rich then the rest of Somersall and out into Holymoorside could be right for you.

If you're a millionaire then Old Brampton, and a few of the out-lying areas to the west are beautiful. But you are getting a bit far from the town out there and are going to keep your chauffer busy driving you to Morrisons every Friday.

As for the rest of the town, well trust me, you can tell a lot about a neighbourhood by how much the houses cost.
There are no property bargains or "secret enclaves" that no one else knows about.

Chesterfield is just like any other town, and if a house looks so cheap that anyone could afford it, it's probably because no one wants to live there.   ;)
[/quote.

Sinbad lived in brookside.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk