Author Topic: Quasimodo's "pad"  (Read 1290 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Quasimodo's "pad"
« on: April 17, 2019, 11:50:59 AM »
 The embers haven't got cold yet and already bucket loads of dosh is being sent/pledged.

I think we can become too sentimental, especially when it's just "bricks and mortar". At the end of the day it's a building. I don't see the Vatican rushing to write out a cheque.
During WW2 the amount of "history" lost through bombing in Europe was incalculable, the vast majority was then newly built with no outpouring of grief, they just got on with it.
Apparently Britain will offer some "help" in what shape we don't know yet, {P.M.Q's in 15 minutes} lets see how much they are going to pledge of our tax dollars.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Alsatian

• View Profile
Re: Quasimodo's "pad"
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 12:04:32 PM »
What he said  (y)
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 02:59:19 PM »
Sorry there is no P.M.Q's  the politicians are on a well earned Easter break!!

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 07:22:32 PM »
The hatred that Macron  has for us is shown  with the  Brexit negotations  if it was my decision I would not give one euro.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 07:48:58 PM »
I don't think a donation from this country is warranted.
Now if people want to donate themselves, that's their choice.  (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 08:59:30 PM »
The hatred that Macron  has for us is shown  with the  Brexit negotations  if it was my decision I would not give one euro.

People who holiday in France say the French love the English, if true it's certainly not reflected by their politicians.
I have remarked before {on another site} the French only talk to you when they've been invaded. Macron wants to realise if it wasn't for the Brits and the Yanks during the forties he would not be president and enjoy the freedoms he enjoys today and start showing some respect.

Quite right Umpire don't give him so much as a "sou"

Tarzan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 05:43:14 PM »
Do you get the impression that some very wealthy people are seeking forgiveness for their sins ?  :-\

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2019, 10:01:09 PM »
I agree with you Sorastro.My Dad gave 5 years of his live defending the  our country and the French during the second world war.For months on end my mum never knew  whether he was alive or dead Can you imagine what that must have been like?
To be held to ransom by him and the rest of his ilk i find it abhorrent.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk