Author Topic: Plusnet  (Read 554 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Plusnet
« on: September 02, 2020, 12:24:21 AM »
I signed up both my daughter and us to Plusnet, whilst they haven't been too bad on delivering the service their technical side is rubbish.
We never did get an email with monthly account details and my daughters details although registered to her phone had my name on it.
For mine they couldn't answer why I wasn't getting monthly emails - but insisted I was?? Eventually i was told I would need to go into the members centre for my monthly account bills?
They then stuck a 'waiting for product' across my daughters account ( she wasn't waiting for anything) They couldn't remove that !!
This meant I couldn't renew her contract - not that i wanted too, so
There contact chat online is rubbish - it's just an question and answer to type in unlike EDF ( I know they are energy) who run a brilliant service in this particular area
I have changed her over to Vodafone - fingers crossed they operate better!!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Plusnet
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 08:45:58 AM »
It's just cost me £122 to terminate my contract early with Plusnet.
Some of my radio equipment uses the internet connection but stopped working. Plusnet refused to admit it was something at their end that was the problem.
I started another contract with Talktalk and as soon as I connected the new router to the phone line all my equipment  started to work correctly. 
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 10:44:11 AM »
I have been with Plusnet for over 3 years now and no problems, possibly because with my contract didn't require all bells and whistles, I just pay for line rental and the internet and at the moment I'm on a 12 month contract paying just under £24 per month. When I renewed in February the renewal price was going to be £29 p/mth for 18 months, I told them I just wanted 12 months contracts, no problem.  Then I told them seeing as how they were advertising contracts of only £18 p/mth to new customers why can't I pay the same, the reply was something along the lines of that would be impossible so after much haggling we settled on the above price.

For what I'm using I certainly wouldn't consider paying any more than £25 p/mth, and as most other companies advertise their standard contracts at about the same price why should I?
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 01:00:31 PM »
I do not have a fixed line at home and for years used three mobile for my internet connection via a 3g dongle, i now use Smarty mobile on 4g with a windows phone set  up as a wi-f hotspot, for this i get unlimited data, unlimited calls and unlimited texts all this for £18 per month and no fixed contract you can cancel at any time, also i regularly get faster speeds than my neighbours fixed line.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 02:11:47 PM »
My beef with plus net was the billing via emails.
They had got mine and daughters mixed and never could unravel it for me.
They insisted they were sending me emails and I insisted they were not - they were sending me my daughters!

Anyway i have just returned from setting up her Vodafone connection and as our contract has ended with Plus net for which they insisted they had sent me an email ( they hadn't!).
We both have connected mobile accounts with Vodafone so we are giving them a try also.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk