Author Topic: The 2016 jollies thread :-)  (Read 6165 times)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
The 2016 jollies thread :-)
« on: January 04, 2016, 08:53:57 PM »
Just booked a weeks All Inclusive in Malta for later this year, well, in a couple of months time.  (y)

Only been back at work a day after the christmas break LOL  8)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: The 2016 jollies thread :-)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 09:34:54 PM »
Malta - one of big favourites is Marsaxlokk - ( Marsh -a - lock ) A quaint fishing village.
Very few beaches in Malta but the sea is lovely and very clear - you can see the fishes swimming around your legs - great place
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Pastitman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 12:14:35 PM »
Just booked a weeks All Inclusive in Malta for later this year, well, in a couple of months time.  (y)

Just  read  your  post  that you  are  coming  over  to  Malta. Is  this  your  first  visit? If  so,  springtime  is  a  nice  time  to  come,  not  too  hot ....  July  /  August  very  hot.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 04:55:17 PM by Fly »
Do  what  you  can,  while  you  can!

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 02:52:53 PM »
Main holiday as usual will be  just over two weeks in the south of France driving down as usual so the dog can come as well! Aside from that we also have a weekend in Seahouses booked with some friends also taking the dogs then we'd also got a weekend in Edinburgh booked to see the Stereophonics at Edinburgh Castle but this now looks like extending to being a full week trip to include driving up to Inverness then the North Coast 500 driving trip then back to Edinburgh for the concert before home on the Sunday. Take the dog again for the main part then in some kennels for the Edinburgh bit.

Pastitman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 03:57:01 PM »
Looks  hectic  bransoj  but  hope  you  have  a  great  time, We  don,t  drive  now  but  have  done  our  fair  share,  you  name  it  and  we  have  probably  been  there , over  the  years. Can,t  cope  with  todays  traffic  etc.  Spend  time  here  in  Malta,  slower  pace,  watch  the  world  go  by.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 05:00:05 PM »
Is  this  your  first  visit?

Yes Pastitman. We will be staying at the Seabank Resort + Spa in Mellieha Bay.
We're also hoping to rent a car for a few days to see as much of Malta as possible in a week. We presume the buses/local transport will be a bit thin on the ground early season.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 07:31:57 PM »
Not really sure this year.
We really don't want to go too far and leave our old cat. Although he's doing OK at the moment we know he could be taken ill at any time he'll be 17 in May and if/when his life ends we want to be with him

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 12:52:36 PM »
Daughter and I are off to Benidorm tomorrow for 4 nights.  It's been a difficult year one way or the other and a few nights away will do us good.

Never been to Benidorm before, and I'm going with an open mind.  Suggestions?  Recommendations?  It's a big place and we'll not see it all in the few days we have which is why I'm looking for recommendations.  We're staying near Pontiente Beach.  Is that near the Old Town?

8) 8) 8)

Pastitman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 02:10:06 PM »
Yes Pastitman. We will be staying at the Seabank Resort + Spa in Mellieha Bay.
We're also hoping to rent a car for a few days to see as much of Malta as possible in a week. We presume the buses/local transport will be a bit thin on the ground early season.

Buses  OK  all  year  round  but can  be  crowded  at  peak  times. No  need  for  guided  tours,  easy  to  get  about. If  you  are  driving, don,t  forget  the  Maltese  highway  code,  the  shortest  book  ever  written ...  one  blank  page.
Good  car / bike  meets, most  Sunday  mornings  at  Golden  Bay  and  Qawra  (Howra)  aquarium.   Enjoy

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2016, 12:01:31 AM »
Vietnam and Cornwall (someone else is paying)
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2016, 10:51:37 AM »
Gosh bransoj you are going to be busy enjoy and try and post some photographs for us please  :)

Gerty I hope you are enjoying the break - don't forget some photo's  ;) x

Pete - Vietnam wow ! Never been there so lots of pictures from you as well young man please. Do you need special visa's for there ?
I know you enjoy Cornwall I have dallied with the idea for us but not sure as yet.
We may end up with booking a late holiday on the high seas if cat stays stable as he is.
The Isle of Man is a possibility as well - not been for years.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2016, 10:57:14 AM »
Buses  OK  all  year  round  but can  be  crowded  at  peak  times.
If that's the case, then we might not need to hire a car  (y) ;)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2016, 10:59:44 AM »
Fly it's some years since I took daughter but back then they had mini buses which we used to get around sight seeing the driver gave an informative talk and I don't think it was expensive.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 08:42:20 PM »
Looking into taking daughter to York for her birthday. Just for 4 days. It's easy enough to nip back if Flash takes a bad turn.
Just sorting out the hotel.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 11:06:44 PM »
Sure I've mentioned this before. Have you considered staying at Hull(much cheaper).
It's not far to drive to York from there. 2 birds with 1 stone as they say  (y)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk