Author Topic: "Killer" dogs  (Read 439 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
"Killer" dogs
« on: September 12, 2023, 02:22:40 PM »
Well yet another breed of dog on the dangerous dogs list, but what will it actually achieve?

Many years ago we all thought Dobermanns and Rottweilers were bad enough, and they were {and still are} but they seem to be pussycats compared to this new breed of "death" dog now infiltrating the country. How are these breeds allowed to get a foothold in this, or any other country, they only serve one purpose and that is to guard a drug dealer and his stash, or wannabe hardmen, what happens to the innocent bystander should they get in the way of these vicious animals, they wouldn't stand a chance.

We need to immediately go back to dog licences {popular or unpopular is not the issue} these should contain information on the breed and moreover where it came from. This should prevent any person owning such an animal and the dog they may own in it's place would be registered {and FULLY insured} and penalties for owning breeds like these killer dogs should mean automatic massive fines followed by a compulsory prison sentence.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
Re: "Killer" dogs
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 05:49:02 PM »
A big debate about this is going on. I personally think that all dog's should be kept on a lead when out in public and any dangerous ones banned. I used to see a man where I live now with a rottie and the dog was huge it was on a lead which was good but the size of its head alone was strange. They should also muzzle them as well when they are out. Any dog can turn on someone. Too many owners don't seem to care about the dog they are taking out and about and just allow them to roam around.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 09:38:38 AM »
I don't know anything about this new breed which is in the news.
Are they bred to be nasty? Or is it poor training?
Rotties - one of my brothers had them for many years. None were nasty all very well trained and under control they were just big soft lumps. Large yes almost the size of a calf. One used to sort of lean on my legs and my legs used to buckle with the weight  ;D Another used to piddle with excitement when I visited much to my brothers annoyance  :))
My other brother had Staffies again all soft lumps and not nasty.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2023, 08:16:00 PM »
The P.M. has announced that these XL dogs are to be banned huzzah, BUT unfortunately not till around Xmas.
These dogs are responsible for eleven deaths to date {and counting} one poor bloke only yesterday killed by two of them, yet Xmas is still over three months away so pity anyone between now and December.

No one has to worry about my dog turning nasty and biting someone...cos' I haven't got one, you don't have to worry about my dog but by heavens I have to worry about yours. Every dog owner will swear their dog will never harm anyone unfortunately it's a very expensive price someone will pay when it turns out they are wrong.

It reminds me of a bloke I worked with many years ago who owned a large dog, he told me he's not afraid to let his young daughter go to the shops by herself {taking the dog with her} as the dog will guard her with his life and no one will get anywhere near her, I said  so what happens if she trips and falls and starts crying and some innocent bloke rushes to pick her up?
All I got for my trouble was verbal abuse as quite obviously he hadn't considered that eventuality.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2023, 08:32:57 PM »
I don't know anything about this new breed which is in the news.
Are they bred to be nasty? Or is it poor training?
Rotties - one of my brothers had them for many years. None were nasty all very well trained and under control they were just big soft lumps. Large yes almost the size of a calf. One used to sort of lean on my legs and my legs used to buckle with the weight  ;D Another used to piddle with excitement when I visited much to my brothers annoyance  :))
My other brother had Staffies again all soft lumps and not nasty.
Camilla was known as the rottweiler wasn't she.

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2023, 08:38:10 PM »
The P.M. has announced that these XL dogs are to be banned huzzah, BUT unfortunately not till around Xmas.
These dogs are responsible for eleven deaths to date {and counting} one poor bloke only yesterday killed by two of them, yet Xmas is still over three months away so pity anyone between now and December.

No one has to worry about my dog turning nasty and biting someone...cos' I haven't got one, you don't have to worry about my dog but by heavens I have to worry about yours. Every dog owner will swear their dog will never harm anyone unfortunately it's a very expensive price someone will pay when it turns out they are wrong.

It reminds me of a bloke I worked with many years ago who owned a large dog, he told me he's not afraid to let his young daughter go to the shops by herself {taking the dog with her} as the dog will guard her with his life and no one will get anywhere near her, I said  so what happens if she trips and falls and starts crying and some innocent bloke rushes to pick her up?
All I got for my trouble was verbal abuse as quite obviously he hadn't considered that eventuality.
I'm glad that they are being banned. They should never have been around in the first place. They are ugly looking and way to dangerous and heavy etc. It won't be long until Christmas but yes I see what you mean. The man that was killed yesterday oh my god I read about that and the poor man didn't stand a chance against them. I won't say anything about what happened to him just incase other people don't want to be left in tears but it was horrible to read. Such a loss for his family and friends. His poor mother as well. Rip Ian.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2023, 06:42:12 PM »

I only have wild Hedgehogs who are very laid back creatures - except one I had from being really tiny - he turned into a proper little terror. I swore after releasing him on my garden he would return one night and chase me round the garden  :)) :)) :))
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk