Author Topic: Made in England  (Read 230 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Made in England
« on: January 17, 2024, 10:12:36 AM »
Most of this countries woes can be attributed to the fact we no longer have our own manufacturing base.

The troubles with cargo ships in the Suez canal...the troubles with Russia are just part of why we are struggling. We no longer manufacture goods here for our own internal market, we have to rely too much on imports and that isn't good.
Once upon a time we and our products were the envy of the world, we exported far more than we imported safe in the knowledge it was top class merchandise, and what we did import was vital, when was the last time you shopped and picked a product with the British kite mark on?
We are now relying on cheap Eastern imports, most of which {especially electrical goods} are turning out to be cheaply made and dangerous the vast percentage of our gas and electric comes from abroad especially with electric we are pumping millions into a French electric company to build nuclear power stations here and very little building work is being done, one site I believe is 15 years in the making and is still far from complete, even the solar panel farms we erect in our fields are made abroad.
Even our national bus company {Stagecoach} is German owned, same with the water companies owned by foreign companies.

We need to go back to manufacturing our own goods and start showing the world we can still be a force to be reckoned with. The British brand has been diluted so many times over the past sixty odd years it's no longer recognisable.

Start producing BRITISH cars, white goods other electrical goods etc. stop relying on foreign imports, if it could be produced here don't import it.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Made in England
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 01:24:07 PM »
Most of this countries woes can be attributed to the fact we no longer have our own manufacturing base.

The troubles with cargo ships in the Suez canal...the troubles with Russia are just part of why we are struggling. We no longer manufacture goods here for our own internal market, we have to rely too much on imports and that isn't good.
Once upon a time we and our products were the envy of the world, we exported far more than we imported safe in the knowledge it was top class merchandise, and what we did import was vital, when was the last time you shopped and picked a product with the British kite mark on?
We are now relying on cheap Eastern imports, most of which {especially electrical goods} are turning out to be cheaply made and dangerous the vast percentage of our gas and electric comes from abroad especially with electric we are pumping millions into a French electric company to build nuclear power stations here and very little building work is being done, one site I believe is 15 years in the making and is still far from complete, even the solar panel farms we erect in our fields are made abroad.
Even our national bus company {Stagecoach} is German owned, same with the water companies owned by foreign companies.

We need to go back to manufacturing our own goods and start showing the world we can still be a force to be reckoned with. The British brand has been diluted so many times over the past sixty odd years it's no longer recognisable.

Start producing BRITISH cars, white goods other electrical goods etc. stop relying on foreign imports, if it could be produced here don't import it.

Hopefully one day ----------
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk