Author Topic: Computer Problem  (Read 1607 times)

Umpire

• View Profile
Computer Problem
« on: July 30, 2014, 07:31:15 PM »
As mentioned on a previous topic which I can't find ,I am having trouble with my e-mail account.I have spoken to Talktalk on three occasions and also written to them.They have finally said there is nothing they can do.
Does anybody know  a computer engineer.it would have to be someone who really knows their stuff because it is quite involved.
I am convinced Talktalk have not made an effort to sort it and have just said set up a new e-mail address which I am loathe to do.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Computer Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 07:45:25 PM »
The company below had a contract to support our works computers. They are able to access your pc (with your permission ) and look at problems whilst you view

Phoenix I T

Darley House Lodge
1  Dale Road South
Matlock
Derbyshire
DE4 3BP  View on map
T: 0844 863 1310

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:51:16 PM by Old Cruser »
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 08:13:25 PM »
Does your TalkTalk email address work Umpire.
EG: yourname @ talktalk.net
Can you access it via Outlook Express ?

Or do you need to log into the TT webpage to access your emails.
If I want to access TT online, I have to use another email address ****** @ yahoo.co.uk
This is also the email that TT send my billing details too.

Which email account do TT have issues with. I don't think this is a computer problem.
Just TT being very unhelpful !!
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 09:35:14 PM »
I have only ever used webmail on the talktalk home page to access my e-mails and always saved  important e-mails into folders in the webmail.Two weeks ago it said that either my e=mail address or password was wrong-it is not wrong.I went into my account to change my password and  my e-mail address is not there so I cannot change my password.
I the went into manage my account and a little box appears in which you can type your e-mail address but it said that this was already connected to another account so I was left with no where to go.
On the talktalk home page there is also Log into Webmail and Mail and I can access my e=mails through both of those but my saved e-mails from using webmail on the toolbar are not there ie self assessment tax returns from previous years and other e-mails I may need access to.

Hope you understand that and if you have any suggestions I would be grateful.The latest is my wife also has an e-mail account on this computer and it is now coming up on all three ie webmail,Log on to Webmail and Mail  that either her e -mail address or password are wrong.It is not wrong.However on the desktop computer upstairs she can access them OK.

What a mess.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 10:20:31 PM »
Can you access any of 'your' email accounts on the desktop computer upstairs ?
Yes I know, stupid question.

I don't have an answer, but I'm looking for clues.
I lost 3 years worth of emails recently. Yes partly my fault, but I do understand your plight :-(

Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 08:32:05 PM »
Not mine  but I said my wifes are fine on the computer upstairs.

Big Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 09:18:45 PM »
I don't know how long this has been going on for but I'd start off by doing a system restore to a point before the problems started - a bit of a long shot given the problem but something seems to have corrupted your email account settings.

Have you tried using email software (e.g. Thunderbird) to access your email? https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/thunderbird/features/

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 10:30:40 PM »
I have tried restoring but it did not work unfortunately.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk