Author Topic: Dongles  (Read 1126 times)

poppy

• View Profile
Dongles
« on: February 18, 2013, 08:25:55 PM »
Is there any reason why my dongle will work perfectly well on my notebook but refuse to connect on my laptop? Are these things single machine use? Notebook and dongle have worked fine for last few years, new dongle a few months ago also fine on notebook. I decided i wanted to access internet on Dell laptop and loaded Norton package onto laptop and used dongle on there over weekend - worked fine. However today dongle will not be recognised on laptop. Nice blue light and everything but wont find three connection. Any suggestions guys? Dongle will still work on notebook.  :(

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Dongles
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 08:45:17 PM »
First thoughts are that you have installed Norton on your lappy  :(
Is Norton being too good and not allowing the dongle internet access.
I wouldn't have the first idea of how to turn this off in Norton. Just making educated thoughts.

I hate Norton. I swear they are the largest producer of spam/viruses.
Yet they ship it preloaded on most Micros**t PC's. Bill Gates getting paid twice. Just saying IMHO . . . .
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

poppy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 08:22:49 PM »
Thanks Fly. I think you could be right but I don't know how to adjust Norton either. Is there another programme you would recommend? OH has had trouble with Macafee, so doesn't like that. I was thinking I might pop into that shop on West Bars, The Geek Shop I think it's called. Anyone know if the guys in there are any good? Or I could just take it into work/school and ask one of the kids!  :)

This thread started about your dongle problems, so let's go back there for now.
Go to the Geek Shop. Just say, 'Hi there. You were recommended to me by a local taxi driver, he took your mum home from town the other week. I also know him personally, he co runs a local Chesterfield internet forum. I'm a member of it.'

Or ask one of the kids at school.
The bit about the Geek Shop is totally true. I did transport his mum home the other week. Unless she was bragging or lying.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 08:55:02 PM by Fly »

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 08:29:06 PM »
Forget Norton and Macafee - get Eset Nod32 - you'll thank me for it later. :)
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 09:01:42 PM »
Thanks Fly. I think you could be right but I don't know how to adjust Norton either. Is there another programme you would recommend? OH has had trouble with Macafee, so doesn't like that. I was thinking I might pop into that shop on West Bars, The Geek Shop I think it's called. Anyone know if the guys in there are any good? Or I could just take it into work/school and ask one of the kids!  :)

This thread started about your dongle problems, so let's go back there for now.
Go to the Geek Shop. Just say, 'Hi there. You were recommended to me by a local taxi driver, he took your mum home from town the other week. I also know him personally, he co runs a local Chesterfield internet forum. I'm a member of it.'

Or ask one of the kids at school.
The bit about the Geek Shop is totally true. I did transport his mum home the other week. Unless she was bragging or lying.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk