Author Topic: Man lying on floor in Poundland  (Read 1051 times)

hifimad

• View Profile
Man lying on floor in Poundland
« on: January 04, 2021, 02:03:29 PM »
As I entered Poundland in the Pavements today I saw a man lying on the floor with two of the Precincts security round him my first thought was that he had collapsed , however as i collected the required cans of cat food I  then had to go close to the other side of the man on the floor to purchase some other items and it became apparent that one of the guards was almost sat on the man while the other was holding him.
The guard that seemed to be sat on his legs was interrogating him as to why he had assaulted a member of Poundland staff, the first thing i noticed was the man was not resisting at all and also by what right was this guard interrogating this man about an alleged offence by assuming his guilt surely this is the job of the Courts.
I spoke to the man on the floor (which i am lawfully entitled to do) and pointed out to him how this team of guards are the team who attack innocent special needs young men and disabled people as I thought it a bit rich that this team of guards should interrogate anyone about assault and battery considering their history and both their and their employers refusal to give any explanation regarding the attacks  on members of the public which found two of the guards number in the dock in Magistrates Court charged with assault themselves.
Because i spoke to the man the guard who appeared to be sitting on the man’s legs who was still not resisting said to me thank you i have got this on body cam implying that by talking to the man i had done something wrong, at no point did I address the guards directly (except to point out to camera guard I had done nothing wrong and had just told the truth) nor did I try to impede their actions, this is another example of this team of guards contempt for the rights of members of the public when acting within the law which they themselves seem to flout with impunity.
The questions that now need answering are how did the man find himself on the floor, did the guards enact a lawful citizen’s arrest including informing him of what the arrest was for, did they inform him of his right to silence before interrogating him.
Or did they do what they have done on numerous occasions before just attack him and put him on the floor. also when it was clear he was not resisting he should have been allowed to get up instead of being held purely to create a public spectacle.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Man lying on floor in Poundland
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 02:40:10 PM »
implying that by talking to the man i had done something wrong

Maybe he was just trying to inform you that he had the 'full' incident on cam and that your intervention wasn't required at that time.

Just saying.
I'm not commenting on the legality of the situation. None of my business really.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 05:56:30 PM »
Or more likely it was a threat because he felt challenged, which is a well used tactic by abusers who have an over inflated sense of their perceived authority over what they deem to be lesser mortals.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 01:12:36 AM »
If said person came on here and saw your comments, where does that leave me as admin and owner of this forum website?
Could I be held responsible for your posts against said person for not removing them?
Should I remove all 'assumptions', 'implications', or 'more ifs', as and when they appear?

Please tell me where I stand. 'Legally'.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 02:43:44 PM »
i have stated that it is more likely to be a threat which is not a definitive statement that it was a threat so no legal problem there. also see the judgement in derbyshire county council vs the times, which states a council cannot sue for defamation as it would serve to stifle free speech and be detrimental to the accountability of a public body, i think that leaves you as admin without problems, i do  not set out to cause problems for the forum or its admins but merely to inform its readers what is being done in their name, over the years i have been highly critical of this team of guards and their lack of accountability due to the council turning a blind eye to their wrongdoing and the same councils continued support of people who found themselves in the majistrates court charged with serious crimes, the council have gone to great lengths to cover up the actions of these guards actions which include instructing the police to unlawfully detain an inocent person and criminal breaches of the data protection act and also engaging in clear deception by propogating numerous untruths about the criminal actions of this team of guards which include flat denials of wrongdoing even when cctv footage shows actions had occured in the face of these denials
 At the time claims were made that the guards involved were registered by the SIA which acording to the couincils own excutive director was untrue ( to claim Sia accreditation were none exists is a criminal offence) and also spreading lies regading the court case including going so far as to lie to Toby Perkins as to the court case as well as attempting to obstruct Toby Perkins from seeing the cctv footage of thir unlawful actions, also appointing their then excecutive director whose clear intention was to drag out the complints process for three long years and also leaning on councillor diouf who was mayor at the timee to drop investigating this matter with this in mind i contend the last place the council would want this information in open court as their abuses would become manifest, i will finish by stating should i ever win the lottery i will then have the funds to take the council to judicial reveiw which will correct this councils abuses.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 06:15:44 PM »
Happy New year Hifimad

I know you have told us of a personal bad experience in the past.
I can't comment on the situation you speak of but can only add if I was concerned I would have walked away and informed the police of my concerns and let them attend and deal with it.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 09:24:22 PM »
I am not commenting on the above just MY limited observations of town security usually within the confines of the shopping precinct.

From what I've "observed" of the security staff over the years {and I've taken a bit more notice since your first "locked" post} being town security doesn't seem to be a position that has people scrambling for a position there. Obviously I don't know what skills are required or level of fitness that's required but from what I've seen, especially fitness, certain criteria doesn't seem to be a priority.
Obviously there must be "hoops" they have to jump through in order to be considered for the post, but as in the case of one member of staff I've observed, I can only imagine his claim to being fit consists of constantly opening and closing the fridge door.

I've never had cause to speak to one of these security people so I have no first hand knowledge of how they would approach and deal with a certain situation I can only go on what I see of them and up to now I'm not overly impressed.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2021, 12:24:37 AM »
Happy New year Hifimad

I know you have told us of a personal bad experience in the past.
I can't comment on the situation you speak of but can only add if I was concerned I would have walked away and informed the police of my concerns and let them attend and deal with it.
i fully understand your position and would usually agree with you, however these people in the past have operated with the full support of the police in their law breaking, i speak of course of them instructing the police to unlawfully detain someone they knew beyond doubt was innocent of any crime and the police could not jump fast enough, also the handing of privelidged information of complaints i had made to police proffessional standards to these guards to enable them to post it online a criminal breech of the data protection act by both the police and the guards who posted it, the police do not give a damn about the guards lawbreaking.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2021, 11:25:13 AM »
I understand your concerns, frustrations and annoyance hifimad.
In this kind of situation there is little more you could have done apart from pass it onto Police.
It is up to the individuals concerned to take this further should they wish too.

Meanwhile, you and your family stay safe from this Covid malarkey x

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2021, 03:11:42 PM »
I understand your concerns, frustrations and annoyance hifimad.
In this kind of situation there is little more you could have done apart from pass it onto Police.
It is up to the individuals concerned to take this further should they wish too.

Meanwhile, you and your family stay safe from this Covid malarkey x
thank you for your best wishes which i return to you unresrvedly, if you see my other post you will see why i think passing it over to the police would be pointless in the extreme as they appear to be far to busy harrassing law abiding citizens, (so no change there then).

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2021, 08:33:16 PM »
hifimad I did read your other post but there really is nothing more you could have done.
I know you have the persons best interests at heart. However there is a point where those involved have to take this on themselves should they wish too. x

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk