Author Topic: Online is now a dirty word  (Read 572 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Online is now a dirty word
« on: October 12, 2022, 12:31:28 PM »
Everywhere I go, everything I do I bump into this word online, and to me it has caused more trouble than it's worth.
Examples I come across daily are people who moan about the following:-

I bank online and I've had money "stolen from my bank"....what should I do?
I wanted to go to such and such but can only book tickets online, but I'm not sure if I could go.
I shop online regularly and shops keep closing down why?
I stood at a checkout in a supermarket and found it was "card only"

Yes I agree it has made things easier for a lot of people but at what cost? years ago you went shopping with a purse/pocket containing money and walked into shops and bought things, what could be simpler, you INSTANTLY knew what you had spent and what you had left, plus you KNEW your money in your bank account was safe only you had access, nowadays you usually don't know you've been "hacked" till it's too late. It's not like the pickpockets of old who probably managed to relieved you of a few quid, this word online gives these people access to ALL your cash.
 Online is costing us millions a year, it has become a curse, all because people rely too much on technology looking after their money and moving it around, technology that can very easily fall into the wrong hands.

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Online is now a dirty word
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 06:27:45 PM »
I agree with you. Online has taken over, when the new age of onliners are aging and their brain boxes are not working as well as when they were young, they might well wish for the oldie worldie shops and banks.
I went into a panic the other week when the Nottingham announced some closures. I only have a passbook for the Nottingham - so horrors if Chesterfield closed!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk