Author Topic: Contacting Heart Internet :-)  (Read 1865 times)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Contacting Heart Internet :-)
« on: June 11, 2013, 07:02:01 PM »
I signed up with Heart internet some time ago, but never purchased anything from them.
When 'we' decided to start another forum, I signed up for another account as I couldn't access my old one.
So for the past 18 months or more I've been receiving two sets of newsletter emails from them.
I tried to log into my second account tonight and also failed.
I created a third account and contacted customer support to cancel my previous accounts and email notifications.
Here's how it's going so far.

Me
Could you please cancel the heart accounts associated with these 2 email addresses.
heart @taximania.co.uk and Myprovider @taximania.co.uk
I can't access either or remember any details, passwords etc.
Many thanks Barry.

I can be contacted at *******@taximania.co.uk I own the domain taximania.co.uk

Heart
Hi Barry,

Thanks for contacting us.

From checking your Heart account this ticket is raised from, you have no domains/hosting package to cancel? If these domains/packages are in another Heart account, please raise a ticket from the correct Heart account containing these services.

Best Wishes,
Darren Atwal

Me
Ok, let's try this again. Remove the two email addresses from your emailing newsletter list etc
I can't access the accounts to alter the email preferences.

Heart
Hi Barry,

Thanks for your reply and clarification.

I see, sure I can de-activate your account fully meaning you will no longer receive any contact from Heart and you will also be permanently unable to login to your Heart account again, meaning you will not receive my next response as your account will be de-activated fully.

If you could please confirm you would like to proceed, please reply back and take that as confirmation your account will be fully de-activated (i.e. removed from mailing lists).

Best Wishes,
Darren Atwal

Me
Delete the heart accounts for the two email addresses I gave you. Not this account.
If you don't understand me, pass this ticket to your manager.

Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
Re: Contacting Heart Internet :-)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 07:13:04 PM »
Welcome to my world...  :(
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 07:21:14 PM »
When I signed up for the third account, they wanted an email address and a phone number.
When I went to log in they wanted a password. Which I didn't have. I had to request a 'new' one. Which they sent me.
I can now log into my third account but can't find where to change my password to something I'll remember  ::)

Waiting for a reply now.
Think I'll stick with 123Reg  8) 13 years now and not really had issues with them as such.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 08:07:07 PM »
Heart
Hi Barry,

Thanks for your reply.

Please note in order to delete the other two Heart accounts, you need to raise the ticket from those accounts, under those email addresses. Not from this account in that case.

Me
I can't access those accounts. I can't raise a ticket from those accounts. I don't have the passwords.
Tell you what, send me the passwords for the accounts and I'll try to delete them myself.
This should be fun, I can't change the password for this account I'm messaging you on.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 08:29:17 PM »
Heart
Hi Barry,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry to hear you can not access those accounts. Please note I can not disclose any information regarding the other accounts via this ticket due to Data Protection reasons. If you have forgotten the login details to your other accounts, then you will need to call our sales line who can then access you some security questions regarding the other accounts and then de-activate over the phone for you:-
===
Telephone (local rate): 0845 644 7750
Telephone (from outside the UK): 44 115 8456654
===

Me
I own the domain, all email accounts @ are mine, what bit don't you get !!
Good stuff coming from a company selling domains, half wits.
I'm glad I didn't use your company for hosting my websites. You ain't got a clue.
Tell you what, I won't waste my money phoning your company. I'll just set up an email trap and stop them.
It's been a pleasure 'not' doing business with you.

DELETE ALL MY ACCOUNTS.

Barry :-) xx

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 05:45:39 PM »
Guess what. Nothing, haven't had a reply from them and my 3rd account is still open, just logged into it LOL  ;D
Just setting up the spam traps now  ;)

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 06:06:28 PM »
Now imagine that you had over a hundred websites on Heart over a period of 12 years...

That's a pain in the bum!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 06:11:05 PM »
Sorry. I'd have moved them to another host, yes I know it's not that simple though  :(

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 06:44:25 PM »
We started to around 3 or 4 years ago as Heart started to get problematic. We opened an account with another company (who shall remain nameless) and they were worse! We put about 30 sites on their new server and they started being hacked, mainly by arab spammer types.

We looked at all the hosting companies and they all looked pretty much the same - the only ones we were recommended to wanted loads more money, effectively taking the bulk of the profits.

So we bounce along keeping our balls in the air, so to speak.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 06:56:35 PM »
Case of better the (baddish) devil you know.
Spam trap set  :))

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 08:00:01 PM »
The root problem is that people want to buy the cheapest possible hosting, but want all the trappings of more expensive hosting - when will folks realise YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

And the really annoying thing is we set someone up with all they need, then they change their passwords for security reasons. Then if something goes wrong come bleating back to us that they've lost their passwords!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 08:21:28 PM »
Still had no reply LOL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk