General Category > Old Chesterfield

Trebor Sweets Factory

(1/2) > >>

Tezden:
Hi ... Being newish to the Forum I'm not sure if the following is 'old hat' or 'new' ...

There is a website called 'Britain From Above' which has hundreds, nay, thousands of oldish pictures taken from the air.   On the Chesterfield section there are loads of pictures of the Spire and, of more interest to me, the old Trebor Sweets factory and surroundings.

I used to work for Bassett's of Liquorice Allsorts fame, for a long time, and I visited the old Trebor factory a couple of times after Trebor was bought by Cadbury's and merged with Bassett's to form Trebor Bassett Limited.  It was obviously quite old but manufactured sweets in the old fashioned way ... Great to see.

The Britain From Above site is available on britainfromabove.org.uk ... And is well worth a look see.

Fly:
It's not a site that I've actaully looked at TBH.
Just had a look for photos of Bolsover, sadly there aren't that many, most of them are of the Coalite plant.

ironsky2:

--- Quote from: Tezden on November 14, 2014, 04:17:12 PM ---Hi ... Being newish to the Forum I'm not sure if the following is 'old hat' or 'new' ...

There is a website called 'Britain From Above' which has hundreds, nay, thousands of oldish pictures taken from the air.   On the Chesterfield section there are loads of pictures of the Spire and, of more interest to me, the old Trebor Sweets factory and surroundings.

I used to work for Bassett's of Liquorice Allsorts fame, for a long time, and I visited the old Trebor factory a couple of times after Trebor was bought by Cadbury's and merged with Bassett's to form Trebor Bassett Limited.  It was obviously quite old but manufactured sweets in the old fashioned way ... Great to see. My Dad worked at Trebor in the 1960s for a few years shame it closed.

The Britain From Above site is available on britainfromabove.org.uk ... And is well worth a look see.

--- End quote ---

Old Cruser:
Hi Tezden welcome back  :)
I remember the sickly smell from the Trebor which used to fill the air around that part of Chesterfield sometimes.
I will have a look at the site you mentioned as never heard of it, thanks for sharing it.

Chesterfield 4eva:
My dad worked at trebor and Cadbury. Me and my brother went round the factory when we were kids, we were told we could try any of the sweets but I was to scared to take any. My brother had loads stuffed in his pocket. We were sat in my dad's office for ages. My dad used to bring home the white carrier bags with chocolate limes and mints in and other sweets.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version