Author Topic: That's the jollies 2014 sorted :-)  (Read 35641 times)

Umpire

• View Profile
Re: That's the jollies 2014 sorted :-)
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 07:20:45 PM »
We went to that hotel about ten years ago.If I remember every room has a sea view.I think we  were on the 5th floor which was brilliant.There are plenty of bars and eating places within a couple of minutes walk.
We are going to Alcudia in June which is really nice.Hope you enjoy it.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 07:59:30 PM »
Thank you for that Umpire, put's us a little bit more at rest about the place. Must admit it does look nice  :)
Welcome to chesterfieldonline as well  ;)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 07:00:22 PM »
I'm not going anywhere half so exotic as you lot.  Pootling down to Porthmadog for my jollies.

However, I am very envious of Pam and her New Orleans visit.  A place I'd love to go    :)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 07:10:59 PM »
I'm hoping to get a tour before we get on the ship Gerty, wanted to book in 2/3 nights prior to cruise to get a look around but hotels were full ! One night is better than none though, if I get any decent photo's I'll post them
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 09:53:01 PM »
Thanks for the welcome  Fly.I forgot to say that you can walk to Magaluf in about fifteen minutes.You know when you are in Magaluf because  in Palma Nova there are small grey concrete balls every so often at the side of the road which become black when you enter Magaluf.
We have also been to the San Matias Beach Hotel  which is next door to the Santa Lucia and whilst we were there the entertainment  at night was brilliant and I suspect you can easily just walk in,but that was about eight years ago.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 09:11:39 AM »
Welcome from me too Umpire  ;)
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2014, 10:01:54 AM »
Some good info there Fly bet you really really can't wait for hols now, welcome to the forum Umpire
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2014, 07:54:31 PM »
Thank you all for your welcome.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2014, 08:04:30 PM »
Here's one for you Umpire, we've been to Majorca twice before.
Seen Old Alcudia, bull ring etc, Cuevas del Drach  ;D , is there anything else in Majorca that is really worth a visit.
We went to Benidorm the other year  ::) Only thing we liked about it was a half a day trip out to Guadalest.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2014, 08:08:04 PM »
It really depends what sort of holiday  you want.Palma is obviously worth a visit and Puerto Soller on the West Coast is supposed to be worth a visit(never actually been myself).About 40 years ago we went to the pearl factory at Manacor but I am not sure whether it is still there.Caves of Drac  as well.
I must admit our kind of holiday is to have a stroll in the morning,round the pool for a swim in the afternoon and go to a bar in the evening ,have a pint and people watch.
We have been to most of the resorts in Majorca  and I have to say there is not one that we would not go to.
My favourite place in that area however is Santa Eulalia in Ibiza -love it.

Hope this helps.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2014, 08:21:50 PM »
Been to Ibiza about 4/5 times now. Think I've visited every town.
Same with Torremolinos, Benelmadana, Mijas, Malaga. Been there seen it. Got the photo's.
3rd time we're going to Majorca, but 1st time in that area, hence me asking. Owt close by worth a day out.
Well, a couple of hours stroll, midday ish LOL  ;)   

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2014, 09:29:01 PM »
Never been to Torremolinos  so we have just booked to go in September.Did you like it there?

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2014, 09:34:29 AM »
The local train is brilliant. It runs all the way from Fuengirola (west) to Malaga (east). There's something to visit at just about every station along the length of the track.
Feungirola market, harbour. Montemar park, beach, shops. Benalmadena, Paloma Park, Marina. Playa Major retail outlet, watch the planes fly over into the airport. Malaga City, beautiful for sightseeing.
There you go, a weeks worth of places to visit all within 30 mins travelling time from Torremolinos Central Station.

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2014, 08:30:20 PM »
While  we were in Fuenguerola we caught the train to Benalmadena.As you know the station is a good  mile away down Heart Attack Hill (a mate of mine actually had a heart attack trying to walk up it)to the beach.
There was no way we were going to attempt to walk back up  so we had a taxi for about 3 euros back to the station.
I think the trains and buses are brilliant compared with ours and so much cheaper.

HEANOR TOWN 1  STAVELEY MW 2   UP THE WELFARE

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2014, 06:51:33 PM »
Little tip if you go on holiday with Thomson.
You can now print off your own tickets and your own boarding passes online.
So you turn up at the airport, show the Thomson desk your paper work, leave your cases, and go through security  :)
What they don't tell you online, is that after every step of the way whilst doing it online, you have to log out of your account, then log back in.
eg: Log in, goto manage my booking.
Select your seats. Log out, log in.
Add extras. Log out, log in.
Passport details of all your party. Log out, log in.
etc etc. Never ending. Took me best part of an hour.   :-X

Will email Thomson. It's a new system and they might be unaware of the problem.
Can't help myself, I've got an NVQ-3 qualification in System Design and this one just isn't working  :))

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk