Author Topic: One of my all time favourite shows  (Read 609 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
One of my all time favourite shows
« on: February 10, 2024, 07:50:32 PM »
Whilst channel hopping the other night {no cancel that...channel hopping means something entirely different nowadays!!!}

Whilst watching tv the other night I glanced through the schedules for late evening and found one of the best comedy shows ever been on tv being repeated........Up Pompeii I loved it.
I loved Frankie Howerd, I loved the saucy seaside postcard humour, yes the scripts were lame and very predictable, especially the ode's but it was good wholesome fun.
What I do find amusing is that at the beginning of the show there is a warning caption along the lines of this programme was made in a different age were customs and language differ from today, compared to what's on nowadays U.P. is tame by comparison, it's very refreshing to find a comedian, and a show, on the box that can keep you laughing without resorting to effing and blinding.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: One of my all time favourite shows
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 06:43:51 PM »
Which channel is that on? I'm recording Sorry, Terry and June, Birds of a feather and another one can't think what it's called It's got Alf Garnet in but it's a bit errr well maybe not right for todays standards, We've had Some Mothers Do ave em, Benidorm ( ohhhh that's really naughty!!) As Time goes by oh and Hi de Hi
I'm waiting for Duty Free to be re shown-----
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 07:43:05 PM »
It's on freeview channel 65 {That's tv 2} on latish though after 11p.m. after prisoner cell block H but right now it's Benny Hill.

Unfortunately it's one of those channels that can pixilate sometimes and spoil your viewing.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 09:19:41 PM »
I'll  keep that in mind. Thanks
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk