Poll

Would People Use The X17 More If It Went To Meadowhall  Instead Of Matlock?

Yes I would if the route changed to Meadowhall?
2 (28.6%)
No would like the route to stay the same ?
1 (14.3%)
Would prefare a new route?
0 (0%)
Couldn't care less?
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: November 13, 2014, 09:05:02 AM

Author Topic: Relaunch Of The X17 Sheffield to Matlock Service  (Read 11741 times)

ironsky2

Relaunch Of The X17 Sheffield to Matlock Service
« on: November 03, 2014, 06:40:46 PM »
Had an email tonight from Stagecoach the X17 buses are to be upgraded. Real leather seats and a new welcoming onboard design awaits its passengers as someone who uses the X17 regularly it will be instresting to see if passengers numbers increase or not its got a slight Red Arrow air to it all.

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

ironsky2

Re: Relaunch Of The X17 Sheffield to Matlock Service
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 08:13:54 PM »
It will interesting to see the new bus driver uniform I hope it looks better than the present one. I can just remember the old issue uniform before it changed in 2002 it looked a lot better than its replacement. The Supertram staff have recently been issued with a new uniform more up-to-date  in design. Perhaps a change is on the way for the rest of the staff uniforms.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 09:19:52 AM »
Free wifi at least that may deter people from slashing the Hand stitched Italian-designed leather seats

Sounds impressive though
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

simondjuk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 03:53:44 PM »
Free wifi at least that may deter people from slashing the Hand stitched Italian-designed leather seats

Sounds impressive though

Such false advertising.  Free Wifi?  How can it be free when you have to pay to use the bus to get access to the wifi?

Nothing is truly free.
Im a bomb technician.  If you see me running, try and keep up

ironsky2

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 06:34:16 PM »
It will start out so well give it six months the nice shiny leather seats will look like they been to Syria. >;

eabbus

• bus man
    • View Profile

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 08:41:59 PM »
Never realised the route was that well used !
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

ironsky2

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 08:42:29 PM »
Quite a dark colour scheme for the buses. I bet the fare will rise to pay for this still think its copycatting Trents 'Red Arrow' there buses have leather seats too.

ironsky2

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 08:49:18 PM »
Never realised the route was that well used !
I use the X17 a lot for Sheffield its well used by people though more use it for Sheffield than Matlock. Wounder why now there decided to do this? The buses have ready got Internet connection and the buses themselfs are comfortable though the back seats can get a hot as the engine is at the back of them.

eabbus

• bus man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 01:35:49 AM »
I've personally never understood the link between Sheffield and matlock, I would of thought a more frequent service between Sheffield and Chesterfield would be better as I can remember what the 727 was like when we got stuck in woodseats, I can't imagine that much time is retrieved on the hills to Matlock afterwards. Accessible coaches would be a more comfortable ride too. The old coaches on the 747/727 were nice to use and travel on.

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 07:14:34 PM »
I've personally never understood the link between Sheffield and matlock, I would of thought a more frequent service between Sheffield and Chesterfield would be better as I can remember what the 727 was like when we got stuck in woodseats, I can't imagine that much time is retrieved on the hills to Matlock afterwards. Accessible coaches would be a more comfortable ride too. The old coaches on the 747/727 were nice to use and travel on.
Trouble is the old coaches (I liked them too), are no longer disability compliant. All Stagecoach buses are. How do Trent Barton go on with their old coaches which come back in to service from time to time for Red Arrow? No wheelchair access, so I guess an apology from the driver, & advise to wait for the next one.
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 07:41:27 PM »
Trouble is the old coaches (I liked them too), are no longer disability compliant. All Stagecoach buses are. How do Trent Barton go on with their old coaches which come back in to service from time to time for Red Arrow? No wheelchair access, so I guess an apology from the driver, & advise to wait for the next one.

:-X Have put the soap box away scimitar  ;)

ironsky2

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 10:03:50 PM »
I remember the 727 ,737,747 well one of them ran to Meadowhall can't now remember which one . I used them a lot as I was going out with someone who lived at Park Hill flats the coaches were comfortable and regular. I think the Meadowhall route got axed first though lack of custom then the rest followed then the X17 came in. Not sure why the route got changed to include Matlock perhaps it was to make it more viable ?

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 08:26:34 AM »
Maybe because Matlock has for many years been used by people from far and wide to visit for the day - it's a tourist attraction

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk