Poll

Would People Use The X17 More If It Went To Meadowhall  Instead Of Matlock?

Yes I would if the route changed to Meadowhall?
2 (28.6%)
No would like the route to stay the same ?
1 (14.3%)
Would prefare a new route?
0 (0%)
Couldn't care less?
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: November 13, 2014, 09:05:02 AM

Author Topic: Relaunch Of The X17 Sheffield to Matlock Service  (Read 11741 times)

ironsky2

Re: Relaunch Of The X17 Sheffield to Matlock Service
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 08:58:54 AM »
Maybe because Matlock has for many years been used by people from far and wide to visit for the day - it's a tourist attraction
Granted Matlock is a tourist attraction but the same could be said of Meadowhall if you want solely retail experience. Like Iv said I use it to get to Sheffield it seems more used for that route than to Matlock. Iv used it a few times to get to Matlock in the past never seemed that full.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 02:27:58 PM »
Granted Matlock is a tourist attraction but the same could be said of Meadowhall if you want solely retail experience. Like Iv said I use it to get to Sheffield it seems more used for that route than to Matlock. Iv used it a few times to get to Matlock in the past never seemed that full.

Meadowhall - ironsky swearing on here not allowed  ;)
Hate the place
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Pastitman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 02:50:01 PM »
I,ll  go  with  that  OC,  but  thought  it  was  spelt  Meadowhell?
Do  what  you  can,  while  you  can!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2014, 03:51:16 PM »

That is how I would normally spell it as well Pastitman  :)). Flipping horrible place, mind you I don't like shopping so maybe that's why I wouldn't go.

Just being polite to ironsky - it won't last long though  ;)

ps - only joking ironsky  :-*

ironsky2

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2014, 05:59:50 PM »
That is how I would normally spell it as well Pastitman  :)). Flipping horrible place, mind you I don't like shopping so maybe that's why I wouldn't go.

Just being polite to ironsky - it won't last long though  ;)

ps - only joking ironsky  :-*
That's a shame was thinking of taking you to Meadowhell I mean Meadowhall to enjoy the over prices shops that it offers. :))

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2014, 06:06:51 PM »
The X17 won't go to Meadowhall in the future IMHO. Stagecoach tickets cover the use of Stagecoach Supertram - pointless sending an empty bus there!!
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2014, 06:53:20 PM »
That's a shame was thinking of taking you to Meadowhell I mean Meadowhall to enjoy the over prices shops that it offers. :))

I get bus sick plus am skint.  ;) ;D

ironsky2

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2014, 08:10:09 PM »
The X17 won't go to Meadowhall in the future IMHO. Stagecoach tickets cover the use of Stagecoach Supertram - pointless sending an empty bus there!!
Not necessarily, if the bus ran straight though to Meadowhall people would choose that it's more convenient than changing from a bus to tram. The 737 ran straight from Chesterfield to Meadowhall and at the time of its running the Supertram was already in service.

eabbus

• bus man
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2014, 07:16:24 AM »
The 727 never ran on time because of the bit between Sheffield and meadowhall, it wasnt as used as the rest of the route, was constantly congested so they got rid of that bit. They could I suppose do two a day each way that continues to meadowhall to link it but as scimitar says since taking over Yorkshire traction they think it's OK for people to swap buses with their shopping etc. The same with crystal peaks too.

Scimitar have you had a look at the newer national express and mega bus coaches? Their lift comes out of the front door and is fully automated from the drivers seat. They are fantastic, I think we need one rather than having the lift half way down the coach and having to get out, push them on and clamp the chair down. I presume the express coaches just have the bay at the front like service buses.

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2014, 04:57:56 PM »
Stagecoach must think they are on a winner with this.
They had an official launch this afternoon at the Proact with 6 brand new buses parked otside in the gold livery of this service.
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2014, 05:56:40 PM »
I saw them and didn't have time to park up and take a photo  >:(

Not for me of course, for you people. Irate to say the least  :(
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2014, 05:33:49 PM »
The 727 never ran on time because of the bit between Sheffield and meadowhall, it wasnt as used as the rest of the route, was constantly congested so they got rid of that bit. They could I suppose do two a day each way that continues to meadowhall to link it but as scimitar says since taking over Yorkshire traction they think it's OK for people to swap buses with their shopping etc. The same with crystal peaks too.

Scimitar have you had a look at the newer national express and mega bus coaches? Their lift comes out of the front door and is fully automated from the drivers seat. They are fantastic, I think we need one rather than having the lift half way down the coach and having to get out, push them on and clamp the chair down. I presume the express coaches just have the bay at the front like service buses.
Must admit I haven't, but I guess Stagecoach need Double Deckers on the service, so thats why this investment was made. Don't forget we had to gain this from the Stagecoach hierarchy, so I guess we did well.

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2014, 10:06:24 PM »
Just to clarify - six new gold Double Deckers. Five branded "Sheffield to Matlock." One spare therefore. The Double Deckers that were on the X17's previously will be going on the 54's along with the "spare"Gold Bus. The idea being that the spare Gold bus can be utilised if one of the other X17 branded buses breaks down.
Any questions?

ironsky2

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2014, 11:48:39 PM »
Just to clarify - six new gold Double Deckers. Five branded "Sheffield to Matlock." One spare therefore. The Double Deckers that were on the X17's previously will be going on the 54's along with the "spare"Gold Bus. The idea being that the spare Gold bus can be utilised if one of the other X17 branded buses breaks down.
Any questions?
The one thing I would change regarding the route with the X17 would be the Woodseats section. That part of the route slows the bus right down I really do think there are too many buses on that road which is not very wide and very busy with other traffic. I understand that Woodseats is a shopping area but in fairness if you wanted to get off there you could use 44 or 43. The X17 is a express service with limited stops so more of a need to be on time why not change the route from going though Woodseat to going through Manor Top which is a shopping area like Woodseats is but it has an advantage people could get off at Manor Top to get on the tram to say like Meadowhall or other parts of Sheffield also at Manor Top there is a mini bus station. The road at Manor Top is also a lot wider the tram runs on its own part so traffic is not trailing behide it has this ever been thought about ?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:51:49 PM by ironsky2 »

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2014, 01:53:19 PM »

Just noticed your picture Pastitman - you look a good 10 years younger than me on it.
Reckon I will change my forum name to - noooo not pervy Pam  ::) ------
------but to------ WayPastitwoman   ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk