Author Topic: Homebase  (Read 22559 times)

k4blades

Re: Homebase
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2012, 07:43:08 PM »
Screwfix is opening next to the Gym on Derby Rd, opposite the flats, just before the retail park. Opens 8th Feb, 10% off everything that day...we had a leaflet through the door.
I think they are good if you want a specific screw, (oohh madam), but a limited range of other products, most trades people would rather use them instead of B&Q.

The steel frame has gone up for Debenhams, looks like it might be a decent size. Don't know where the chavs will go for their shopping though. ;)

Kent

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2012, 10:01:38 PM »
What's The Small place Next to Debenhams, seems a Small Steel Structure Has been erected. ?

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2012, 11:32:25 PM »
TK Max was on original plans, not sure if that's still on

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2012, 11:41:45 AM »
Thought TKMax were going into MFI? Though presumably if a road is now going through there that building is going as well?
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

simondjuk

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2012, 12:56:14 PM »
Screwfix is opening next to the Gym on Derby Rd, opposite the flats, just before the retail park. Opens 8th Feb, 10% off everything that day...we had a leaflet through the door.
I think they are good if you want a specific screw, (oohh madam), but a limited range of other products, most trades people would rather use them instead of B&Q.

The steel frame has gone up for Debenhams, looks like it might be a decent size. Don't know where the chavs will go for their shopping though. ;)

I prefer Screwfix over B&Q, even though they are both owned by the same parent company.
Im a bomb technician.  If you see me running, try and keep up

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2012, 02:25:44 PM »

There opening poster should read "Nut Screws Washer & Bolts" (REALLY old joke!)  :D

I prefer Screwfix over B&Q, even though they are both owned by the same parent company.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

twduk

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2012, 08:01:01 PM »
Retail chain 'The Range' have applied for change of use for the Homebase store to allow them to sell toys as well as their usual lines... which is DIY/ furniture etc I believe.

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2012, 08:14:00 PM »
Thanks for that twduk

Oh, and welcome to the forum :)
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2012, 08:14:59 PM »
Yo :)   twduk. Welcome to ChesterfieldOnline   :D
I thought you'd disapeared into cyberspace.

Welcome aboard mate.

I presume this was in the DT notices, and there ain't no new road being built.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

karl1981

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2012, 08:38:20 AM »
i have heard that home base will be either relocated at marham vale or at the old tesco site is this true

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2012, 05:17:21 PM »
Welcome Karl too  ;)

I've not heard of any relocation.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 05:18:44 PM by Fly »
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

twduk

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2012, 06:46:44 PM »
Hi and thanks Pete and Fly... and no just been busy with work lol

I read that The Range were applying for change of use on the planning section of the council website by the way. I've also heard from a different source that Starbucks are looking to open 200 outlets this year with Chesterfield been mentioned as a proposed location for a drive thru Starbucks.

I'll also use my current presence on this forum to announce a new sweet shop called the Candy Cabin lol. Opens in the next two weeks. You can like it on Facebook if you wish....oh and its on Chatsworth Rd.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2012, 06:58:20 PM »
Hi and thanks Pete and Fly... and no just been busy with work lol

I'll also use my current presence on this forum to announce a new sweet shop called the Candy Cabin lol. Opens in the next two weeks. You can like it on Facebook if you wish....oh and its on Chatsworth Rd.

Members are allowed links in their sigs  ;)

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2012, 07:13:52 PM »
>> a new sweet shop called the Candy Cabin

Oooh... sweeties! If it's near Cheap Booze I can kill two birds with one stone... :)
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

twduk

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2012, 07:57:43 PM »
>> a new sweet shop called the Candy Cabin

Oooh... sweeties! If it's near Cheap Booze I can kill two birds with one stone... :)

If you mean Bargain Booze then yes! 3 doors down...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk