Author Topic: Would you walk past and ignore?  (Read 799 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Would you walk past and ignore?
« on: May 05, 2016, 08:18:14 PM »
Has anyone else watched the programme showing tonight on ITV.

Should I intervene?

How many of us would walk passed someone sprawled out on the pavement or in this case on some steps?

Many did in this experiment.

Do we automatically think the person is drunk or on drugs?

Is it safe to intervene?

A couple were arguing and it was getting heated - it took an old man with a stick to tell the man to leave the woman alone before a more able man came to the woman's rescue - others just walked passed.

Where are our 'Knights in Shining Armour' these days.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Would you walk past and ignore?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 08:37:16 PM »
Probably minding their own business and avoiding a possible kicking or stabbing.

I hear raised voices and arguments all the time when I'm stood on the taxi rank between jobs. I see people laid out all over town. Most of the time I just ignore the lot of them. I'm usually a good judge though, I think I'd know if someone was actually in trouble or needed help. They're probably 1 out of 100 though. (number of the top of my head)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

who can tell

• View Profile
Re: Would you walk past and ignore?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 09:14:11 PM »
Some years ago in Sheffield their was a heated argument between a man and women on a night out. No doubt both were drunk the man attacked the women , beating her seamless a young lad in his early twenties tryed to help the women unknown to him the man had a knife . The man stabbed the young lad over twenty times killing him out right. In my line of work alcohol or drugs plays a big part in such like deaths and more often than not its over something stupid that if were sober would be all forgot about in minutes. In a ideal world it would be great to help each other but unfortunately you are putting yourself at risk. Best thing to do is ring the Police they have the training to deal with such situations .
Ex Newbold ex Arbourthorne, Sheffield now sunny Dronfield.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk