Author Topic: Disgusting language!  (Read 386 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Disgusting language!
« on: June 09, 2023, 09:02:24 PM »
Nice evening, decided to take a stroll to my "local" watering hole {minus 'er indoors} had the first pint outside went in for seconds and decided to sit inside. There is something wrong with a pub on a Friday evening having a total of TEN punters, but that's not the reason for this post.

Altogether the age range of said punters was about mid twenties PLUS one child about eight or nine..... and the language!!!!

I swear {yes I do} but there's a time and a place, I was swearing even before 80% of this village were even born but why the younger generation think it's o.k. to effuack every other word especially in front of children beggars belief.
It's a sad state of affairs.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Alsatian

• View Profile
Re: Disgusting language!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2023, 05:57:04 AM »
I agree with you, swearing is ok but in its place. I worked in engineering and motor trade which, at the time were make dominated environments and swearing was 'the norm'.

I remember back in the mid 70s taking my girlfriend (now my wife) to the Hollingwood Hotel and there was a group of lads stood at the bar effing & effing. I asked them to mind their manners and clean up the language
Not sure I'd be brave enough to do it nowadays though!
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Disgusting language!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2023, 07:18:08 PM »
We came back from a weekend away last Monday - Some of the Rock had F*** on some had B**** on
What !!  :-? :-? :-?
Really is no need for that!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk