Author Topic: Boris!!  (Read 10999 times)

wollygobble

• View Profile
Re: Boris!!
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2019, 12:21:15 PM »
I'm no fan of Boris, but I think his strategy on Europe is a little bit more subtle than it seems.  I think the main purpose of his do-or-die bluster, and his no-deal preparations, is to put the frighteners on the EU while he attempts to negotiate a new deal.  If Parliament had been able to make no-deal impossible or illegal next week, that would have removed his main bargaining chip.  Of course no-deal still remains a real possibility, but I don't think he's quite so up-for-it as he sometimes appears.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 12:23:36 PM by wollygobble »

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2019, 01:15:22 PM »
I'm no fan of Boris, but I think his strategy on Europe is a little bit more subtle than it seems.  I think the main purpose of his do-or-die bluster, and his no-deal preparations, is to put the frighteners on the EU while he attempts to negotiate a new deal.  If Parliament had been able to make no-deal impossible or illegal next week, that would have removed his main bargaining chip.  Of course no-deal still remains a real possibility, but I don't think he's quite so up-for-it as he sometimes appears.
I think sublety is not a description that can be applied to Borises tactics which include lying to Parliament and by extension the British People, and also by bullying his own parties MPs as well as attempting to bully the rest of Parliament and i suspect even his own brother, boy has he come unstuck, and to the people who where keen to rid themselves of Theresa May perhaps they should have been a tad more carefull of what they wished for, if i was Theresa May i would be giggling my backside off at the mess boris has clearly made.

wollygobble

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2019, 01:04:25 AM »
The subtlety disappeared when he announced exactly what I'd been saying.  What I got wrong was the timing of the prorogation, which I thought was earlier.  Not much point in it now, is there?  Oh no, sorry, I forgot, it was never anything to do with Brexit, was it? (snigger)

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2019, 01:16:06 AM »
i think your are right it would be wrong of us to ever believe that a man of such integrity honesty and nobility would ever be dishonest tp Parliament and the people, oh to hell with it who am i trying to kid, he is a liar a scoundrell and a mountebank of the first order.

wollygobble

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2019, 02:29:37 PM »
Boris Johnson is a thoroughly unprincipled individual who has never cared about anything above or beyond Boris Johnson.  He doesn't have any personal views on Brexit because he is above being affected by it - except politically.  If we do leave without a deal, he'll need to get the election in before we feel the effects of it.  In general elections, the British people do not vote for; they vote against.

wollygobble

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2020, 10:20:47 PM »
I think sublety is not a description that can be applied to Borises tactics which include lying to Parliament and by extension the British People.
The last few days have shown that it goes even further than that, and now we know exactly how he succeeded in Getting Brexit Done when Theresa May had failed.  He simply signed an unsatisfactory withdrawal agreement with no intention of upholding it.  Pants on fire as usual.  Should have been obvious.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2020, 01:52:51 PM »
Allegedly....
Whoever takes over the reins at Downing Street apparently one of the first jobs is to "dump" the dead wood starting with sacking Chris Grayling the transport minister.

The only good thing about this Brexit fiasco is that it has managed to expose such blatant time wasters that were given jobs that they are TOTALLY unqualified for in government, and the £billions poured down the drain every single day through these ministers ineptitude. Everyone has always known politicians were a waste of space  but very few realise how much it costs the taxpayer.

It is alleged....

Rumours abound that Boris has had enough and wants to jack it in, not because he can't do the job, because he can't, but like others he can make more dosh with less hours and a lot less responsibility out in civvy street, plus with the title {ex P.M.} under his belt he can join the ranks of the other ex P.M.'s making a tidy sum.
Now that it's being proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that "failing" politicians can literally write their own cheques when either being sacked from the government or just leave, they are now rubbing our noses in it.
Failing Grayling, the "I see no ships" or trains for that matter! minister, since being jettisoned, has managed to secure an advisory post to a company that's sorting our ports out post Brexit, and apparently is on more than he received when in a government post.
Same with Theresa May it seems in the last year since being shown the door she has earned over a £million just giving talks.

So it doesn't matter how cr*p you were at your job in government, you'll never starve.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2021, 11:14:23 AM »
So two and a half million quid on a new Downing St. press room.......much needed obviously!!

Tarting up the Downing St. flat, apparently the P.M {and previous P.M.'s} are given £30,000 per year for upkeep of their living space but it would appear that's not enough for Boris and his "missus" as {it is alleged} Tory donors have been helping out.

I'm convinced that if it wasn't for the pandemic we would never see Boris out in public, well not in his P.M. capacity anyway, remember before the pandemic just after he became P.M. the headlines in some papers "Where's Boris?" The Tories are and always have been a secretive party, everything behind closed doors and I believe that's how Boris wants to run the country and believes that's how it should be done, unfortunately Covid is forcing him out into the open  and as he clearly doesn't like to be interviewed "on the spot" his new press room is the ideal bolt hole where he has the advantage.

wollygobble

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2021, 01:04:00 AM »
So Arlene Foster has been forced to resign because she trusted Boris when he said that a border in the Irish Sea would be over his dead body.  Once again this proves that Boris was the man to get Brexit done, because the only way to get it done (without disturbing the fragile equilibrium of Northern Ireland) was by lying about it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 01:06:40 AM by wollygobble »

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2021, 02:09:36 PM »
Saw Boris on the box yesterday,he was doing a piece to camera aboard an aircraft carrier..... and I was astounded

I wasn't aware we still HAD any aircraft left let alone a Navy carrier to put them on or a Navy at all for that matter, but it looks like we still have, unless of course it was computer generated imagery. 

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2021, 11:53:32 AM »
Matt Hancock has been filmed "groping and snogging" one of his aides, all people seem to be bothered about is the social distancing part of it.  It doesn't seem to matter that his marriage is possibly over {unless is wife knows which side her breads buttered} and that of his aide who is obviously married or has a partner.
 Boris's answer is that he "considers the matter closed" well he would wouldn't he, lets face it when it comes to things like this Boris could leave the rest standing he's been caught more times with his "trousers down" than Brian Rix in farces.

Let's face it it's not been a good few months for Matt Hancock, this latest is just the icing on the cake, but you can bet he won't go!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2021, 06:03:12 PM »
Bye Bye Matt
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk