Author Topic: Need advice  (Read 2532 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Need advice
« on: August 30, 2019, 11:33:03 AM »
Accidentally lost this site a couple of days ago, can't seem to log back onto secure site, every other site is o.k
What am I doing wrong will stay offline {not secure} till someone suggests answer.....please and thanks
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Need advice
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 08:26:33 PM »
Click the link in the 2nd post of this thread. Your system just needs a kick in the arse.
http://www.chesterfieldonline.org/index.php?topic=6958.msg45605#msg45605

Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 09:15:13 PM »
Click the link in the 2nd post of this thread. Your system just needs a kick in the arse.
http://www.chesterfieldonline.org/index.php?topic=6958.msg45605#msg45605

Did that Fly many times over even started with an empty google page and hand typed it back in but no joy,every thing else is coming in o.k. I think the computer might not be recognising it {why I don't know}
Grandaughters boyfriend will be here Sat P.M. will ask him, will keep trying thanks..

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 10:25:02 PM »
Just to reassure you Sorastro, the forum files and database are hosted on and with a professional, 'paid for', by me, company.
Plus the only info about any members stored is their email address.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 11:18:04 PM »
Contacted the hosting company. They gave me a few pointers of things to check.
All should be sorted. Everything secure and fully padlocked down now.

Don't know why, but the banner(picture) at the top of the page wasn't secure. Eh !!!  (y) MD

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 08:03:04 AM »
Don't forget to check all your bookmarks or saved favourites/links to the forum. They must include the 's' at the end of 'http'
EG: https://www.chesterfieldonline.org

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2019, 11:23:42 AM »
Thank you Fly.... just clicked onto the above and I now have the padlock and it says site secure.
It just says chesterfieldonline.org {in bold after the padlock} the rest not, but seems to have done the trick.

Thanks again....

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2019, 11:30:05 AM »
There's not many people use the forum, but I'll always do my best to make members feel safe if they do (y)

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2020, 11:59:47 AM »
Just a query Fly.. nothing major.

The last 3 times I have logged on, whatever page I'm on when I attempt to log on and click login it flips to a different page and It doesn't log me in, but on the second attempt it works o.k. and I'm in...........funny that, as I say not important just wondering why? Thanks H.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2020, 11:32:51 PM »
Not sure tbh, haven't had any probs this end.  Thanks for bringing to to my attention, I'll make a note.

Anyone else noticed owt ?

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2020, 09:59:02 AM »
Not sure tbh, haven't had any probs this end.  Thanks for bringing to to my attention, I'll make a note.

Anyone else noticed owt ?

All fine this end Fly
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2020, 11:02:59 AM »
Just a query Fly.. nothing major.

The last 3 times I have logged on, whatever page I'm on when I attempt to log on and click login it flips to a different page and It doesn't log me in, but on the second attempt it works o.k. and I'm in...........funny that, as I say not important just wondering why? Thanks H.

Yep just done it again......On festive wishes post when I tried to log on...went straight to Covid 19 post and no log in, 2nd attempt fine.
Not bothered so much so long as I can still log on to site but weird all the same.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2021, 08:00:30 PM »
Just an update Fly....

Started losing wi-fi a few days ago and rang plusnet, ended up taking the cover off the phone jack and plugging it directly in which seemed better. They sent out an engineer to check the exterior lines and reported they had found a fault, since then O.K. but still jumps when logging on but not every time now.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2021, 01:33:02 PM »
I didn't quite understand what you meant the first time you mentioned this peculiarity, so I didn't actually 'do'  anything.

So, this time I followed your post to the letter and guess what, you're right.
You come to the forum home page, select a board, and a thread/topic in it, then 'login'.
It logs you in, but takes you onto the next thread/topic.

I've got an idea why it's doing it, a bug in the software, the login page is adding a 1 to the thread count,
but I think it's out of my knowledge to fix it.
I'll see if the forum has missed any updates to it's software, and ask a few questions on the SMF forum users group  (y)

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2021, 01:07:52 PM »
Update....

The last half dozen times I've logged in it's working o.k. now, I'm logged on first attempt and it doesn't jump anymore {fingers crossed}

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk