Author Topic: Liz Truss resigns  (Read 2155 times)

hifimad

• View Profile
Liz Truss resigns
« on: October 20, 2022, 02:16:58 PM »
Liz Truss resignation was inevitable the pity is she was allowed to inflict imense damage on the economy before her political demise and already there is talk that benefit recipients and the poor in general are being lined up to pay for it, this after twelve years of austerity where benefits were slashed by thousands of pounds in real terms and the NHS and other sevices people rely on were starved of investment, the kindest thing that could be said about twelve years of Tory misrule. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBIo42ws57s

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Liz Truss resigns
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 06:19:16 PM »
Good  (y)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2022, 07:52:48 PM »
There's even rumblings in the ranks of "Come back Boris...all is forgiven"

These past few days was like watching a slow motion train crash.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2022, 12:00:15 AM »
i find the idea of the return of Boris to be a massive backwards step, if this happens the 2.5% of credibility the Tory has left will be wiped out completely.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2022, 11:48:31 AM »
Again only in politics can a senior member of the party literally be sacked and then re apply for the same job a couple of months later.

I know of no other "industry" that does that, nor would I expect anyone who has been sacked from a firm have the audacity to re apply for a job that they were not deemed fit to do a few weeks ago.

My prediction is he won't re apply, but if he does:-
A - He's got some nerve... and B - the Tory parties ratings will slump even lower {if that's possible}.
They must be in self destruct mode if the only Tory champion is a former disgraced P.M.

wollygobble

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2022, 11:00:06 PM »
I'm wondering if Harriet Harman's investigation will continue if Boris applies.  If he becomes PM and is then found guilty of misleading Parliament, he'll be banned from the Commons and there will have to be yet another leadership contest!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2022, 01:36:42 PM »
So... Less than an hour to go before voting closes, lets see the runners and riders:-

Boris Johnson...ruled himself out of the contest, even HE saw the stupidity in it.

Penny Mordaunt...needs at least 100 M.P.'s to back her so far she has about 27, not looking good.

Rishi Sunak...got well over the 100 needed, but don't forget he LOST to Liz Truss, hardly a resounding endorsement.

The one I thought was going to throw his hat in the ring was Jeremy Hunt, but he's probably decided that he's better off where he is and hoping the new P.M. will keep him in post. So if Sunak gets it that means the country will have a chancellor and an ex chancellor to sort the mess out and if the the pair of them can't come up with a half decent proposal then it's curtains for the Tories.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2022, 08:33:26 PM »
Rishi Sunak is this weeks P.M. and already he has received the black spot:-

Tweet to Sunak from Liz Truss......"You have my full support".......the poor sod!

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2022, 06:50:06 PM »
Anyone know why on earth the ITV news presenter had to be based  outside No10 Downing Street this evening, whilst the main studios would've been empty.

Maybe the powers that be thought that we minions wouldn't understand without actually seeing the place?

How much money has been frittered away on just this one episode, paying for transportation, extra staff etc etc?

Sometimes I just can't get my breath (and I'm not talking about my asthma problems!) 🤬
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2022, 04:57:31 PM »
I've noticed, about the comings and goings in government. When someone gets the "sack" on the front benches they disappear.
Since his push Boris has only been seen in the Commons once and that was for a vote. Same with Matt {tie me kangaroo down} Hancock, no sightings at all since you know what, Rishie was another one when he resigned a few weeks ago he disappeared into the ether and who can forget {but we'll try} "cheesy" Truss now a.w.o.l.
Although no longer on the front benches these are standing M.P.'s and have constituents who expect them to "turn up".

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2022, 08:41:23 PM »
The news it seems is not very welcoming but sometimes the news can be uncanny.....

The national debt is rampant,
There's War in Europe,
On the fifth Prime Minister in just a few short years,
The latest Prime minister is young at 42 but is not expected to keep the post long.

Nothing new in the above you would agree,
so would it surprise you to know {as it did me} that the above was also the countries news in 1812!!!!!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2022, 10:29:11 AM »
Rishi Sunak has gone to COP27, He's only been there a less than a day and already has proised millions of pounds to help with climate change, very laudable I'm sure but no comfort for those here struggling to pay bills. 

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2022, 10:16:11 PM »
The news clip I heard said he was blaming the rising cost of the UK's energy was because of climate change.

Did he really say that, or was the clip I heard 'distorted a bit'.
I thought Russia had caused the rise in costs of UK energy?
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2022, 06:31:24 PM »
Looks as if old rhyming slang has scored an own goal.
Seems he insisted on an enquiry, obviously to exonerate himself, concerning the bullying allegations but it's snowballing and biting him on the bum as more allegations see the light of day.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke, I hope {when they eventually sack him} he ends up going to a food bank to feed his family. 

smithy266

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2022, 08:20:21 AM »
And now, there is a movement to stop Truss appointing her cronies to the House of Lords...hope it succeeds...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk