Author Topic: Robin Hood airport  (Read 549 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Robin Hood airport
« on: October 31, 2022, 11:20:35 AM »
If what I saw on the news this morning is accurate someone needs their bumps feeling.

The way I see it is, the people that use and /or live near Leeds Bradford airport are up in arms because it's basically too busy and it's over subscribed and causing problems. Robin Hood {about 50 miles down the road} is closing because it's not "viable". Admittedly R.H only has one runway but putting in a second shouldn't be too much of a struggle. I'm sure the vast majority of travellers using L.B. at the moment live nearer R.H.

Why can't L.B. take over R.H.

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

smithy266

• View Profile
Re: Robin Hood airport
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 08:38:45 AM »
I reckon that within months, it will be a massive warehouse storage and delivery  site, with Amazon etc...

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 04:43:28 PM »
if what I saw on the news this morning is true, there's someone in the U.A.E. interested in purchasing it, probably looking for somewhere to park his fleet of Gulf stream jets.

I don't think there's anything left in this country that isn't owned or partly owned by someone overseas.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2024, 12:55:36 PM »
There appears to be movement in trying to re open the airport, apparently a 125 year lease has just been signed {March 24} so hopefully planes will be seen at the airport.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2024, 10:42:26 AM »
I can't remember using either of those airports, haven't flown for a few years now - we prefer to hop on a ship
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2024, 10:59:51 AM »
We haven't been abroad since 2019 and we haven't missed it. It would take something spectacular, like a lottery win, to get us to go, we'll stick with Blighty for now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk