Author Topic: Pothole repairs!  (Read 1280 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
Pothole repairs!
« on: January 19, 2023, 11:16:24 AM »
DCC have been round repairing potholes these last few days, I say rapir in the loosest of terms as already they're disintegrating!
The liquid tar they use to seal the repair to the original road surface is breaking up and lifting. The rest of the repairs are simply breaking up and leaving stones on top of the surfaces.

What a waste of time and resources that has been, yes it may be due to the weather, but surely they knew it was going to be this cold?
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

smithy266

• View Profile
Re: Pothole repairs!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 08:42:44 AM »
They cannot be expected to do a permanent repair....they need to keep their jobs. They will be back next year to do it again....!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2023, 10:34:45 AM »
During the Summer I was being given a lift home and we went down a particular road in Chesterfield and we were bouncing in and out of potholes.
My mate said " When are they going to do something about these holes in the road, what do we pay our road tax for it's a disgrace."

You probably won't be surprised to learn that this was in the Summer........... of 1967!!!
I've not been down that road in a long time so can't comment on it's status today, but I would imagine it won't be in pristine condition.
Some things never change.

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2023, 08:32:15 PM »
I'm a regular user of Hagg hill {Grassmoor to Tupton} and I've never seen so many pot holes on one stretch of road for ages.
It's like whacky races watching people dodge the holes. I was heading to Grassmoor last week, when there was still water on the road, and I didn't see this particular pothole just over the bridge, it's a good job I was slowed down by a learner driver in front, I checked the tyre when I got home and luckily no {visible} damage.

It comes to something when councils would sooner pay out compensation than fix the roads, obviously it's cheaper.

smithy266

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2023, 07:57:48 AM »
In our cul de sac, just 4 dwellings, DCC have been out on at least 3 occasions to replace fractured kerbstones, and some dimples in the road. NOT at any of the residents requests...I must add..

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2023, 11:42:40 AM »
Reply emails from large areas of potholes and poor surface reported have been
This street is on a list of rolling repair work to be carried out and will be done when it reaches the top.
Or something like that - sorry exact wording I can't remember but that is basically what I have been receiving
Hagg Hill I believe has been reported ( unsure how long ago it was submitted) however it wasn't filled in yesterday as I went up there myself.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2023, 12:39:22 PM »
Hagg hill update............potholes being filled in yesterday, not sure if all have been done as yet.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2023, 01:42:15 PM »
Hagg hill update............potholes being filled in yesterday, not sure if all have been done as yet.

They've missed a couple.

smithy266

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2023, 06:43:03 PM »
Only a couple?

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2024, 01:37:16 PM »
I've been round our village and although there are some potholes there's nothing as bad as some I've seen.
I've been following the Langer lane saga. On Saturday i went that way to miss road works which were peppered along the route I needed to drive.
The work had been started  --- and left - leaving a long stretch of road with raised iron works. Cars were zigzagging to miss them. My other concern was that at night there apparently isn't much lighting in place terrible!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2024, 08:44:19 PM »
Latest on Hagg hill....... the potholes must be breeding, there's new ones every time I go along that road.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2024, 09:05:48 PM »
I believe there's a particularly bad one on there. It's  been reported

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2024, 12:43:32 PM »
Latest on Hagg hill....... the potholes must be breeding, there's new ones every time I go along that road.

Update on the update.....Hagg hill is almost as bad again, kids with seaside buckets and spades could do a better job. It's false economy to just keep going back to the same stretch of road and fill in potholes it must be quicker and possibly cheaper to re surface.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2024, 06:39:03 PM »
Update on the update.....Hagg hill is almost as bad again, kids with seaside buckets and spades could do a better job. It's false economy to just keep going back to the same stretch of road and fill in potholes it must be quicker and possibly cheaper to re surface.

I've read a post about one today on Hagg Hill, totally agree with you, 'jumping up and down' on a lump of tarmac as reported by a resident is hardly the way to do this job. Years ago they used steam rollers for patching work, today there's little chance of re-surfing, we have to join a looooong queue.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2024, 07:48:28 PM »
Apparently there's a page you can go to on the Council website I believe it's called "Fix my road or street" something like that where you can report potholes on your street.

If you want to see potholes at their worst just go round the Arkwright roundabout on the way to Bolsover it's beyond a joke.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk