General Category > Politics

Question time

(1/2) > >>

Sorastro:
I watched last nights question time on the beeb. On the panel was the local Tory candidate Lee Rowley and as the questions, among others,  ranged from Gaza to renting/buying property he basically had the cr*p kicked out of him as regards the parties line, his responses were weak to say the least and it got to the point where you could tell he wished he hadn't gone on.

You could tell he had been wheeled out to promote the Tory party and their policies possibly because no one else wanted to do it.
That's the trouble with q/t nowadays, your only getting the Z listers on there now instead of some of the "top brass" in politics.

Sorastro:
Tagging onto this post I am alarmed at hearing of Israeli/ Palestinian protests starting to get out of hand in THIS country.

I understand both sides concerns over the conflict, especially those living here who have relatives living in Gaza etc, but turning our country and others into mini war zones by letting so called peaceful protests get out of hand is not the answer. This should be stamped out immediately and the instigators swiftly dealt with.

If people want to protest very strongly over the conflict then go and do it over there.......not here.

Old Cruser:
The Israel Palestine war is very concerning. I agree with you it shouldn't be brought onto our streets.

Fly:
Why throw mice into UK McDonalds?
The Israeli McD's that were giving away free food to Israeli troops are run by an Israeli franchise.
Half wits disrupting people who have nothing to do with the conflict !!

Sorastro:
Without getting to deep into discussions over Gaza, and I stress I'm not on anyone's side one way or another, it's just M H O.
Everyone it seems is obviously looking for an end to the hostilities, rightly so, but it seems Israel cannot do right for doing wrong.

Whatever grievances there are between Israel and the Palestinians historically, Israel is being targeted as the aggressors when in fact they didn't start this latest conflict, they are dealing with a military group {Hamas} that have said there will never be peace and are the sworn enemy of Israel, so trying to organise "peace talks" in the future looks a none starter.
Palestinians are being killed in their thousands because the rebels hide themselves amongst innocent civilians, ergo civilian deaths will be  unavoidable, a catastrophe yes but none the less unavoidable.
Collateral damage is NOT new {right from the Greek wars to WW2 through to Vietnam} I'm sure if Israel could think of a way to destroy Hamas WITHOUT causing civilian deaths they would implement it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version