Author Topic: Is a pub Near You About To Close If So Post On Here  (Read 28382 times)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Is a pub Near You About To Close If So Post On Here
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2014, 05:35:12 PM »
Welcome to chesterfieldonline Templeton  ;)
I thought the Spire was to be run by the landlords of the Summerset from Calow ?
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

ironsky2

« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2014, 06:23:43 PM »
I'm starting to think that Marston's Brewery are pulling the plug on Chesterfield as just lately its there pubs that are closing: Goldminers, Crooked Spire closed, under threat of closure Wellington at New Whittington, rumours about Spital Hotel noticed that the Spread Eagle has not been open lately has a note on the door will pop down to have a look. I was in town Monday and noticed that the Crooked Spire pub was closed the windows were not boarded up in fact there were notices on them saying closed for maintenance so thought nothing more. My Mum told me today that it was boarded up I always thought the landlady at the Somerset House had it not sure now unless she has decided to come out of the pub trade who knows I know they have to board up pubs for security reasons but it will look a bit of a eyesore now.

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2014, 07:00:31 PM »
Welcome to chesterfieldonline Templeton  ;)
I thought the Spire was to be run by the landlords of the Summerset from Calow ?
Hmm, tricky this one. I noticed The Crooked Spire downstairs windows all steel metal shuttered & workmen on the drive in entrance.Strange - I'm sure those who run the Somerset House had decided to run this when Tesco won their appeal - like a back up plan.
Both phone lines are dead - Somerset & crooked Spire.Furthermore a van has been spotted removing items from the Somerset as well today - although it was lit up & appeared to be open when I came home from work this afternoon.
Also alleged rumours of the female proprietor making statements on facebook about people "stabbing her in the back", metaphorically speaking.
I can't see this being anything to do with the folks of Calow, who use, & have fought to try & keep this pub open.
I have an informer hopefully who may be able to update me....all seems very strange :-?
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

ironsky2

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2014, 07:22:44 PM »
The whole thing regarding the Somerset House to me is strange first Tesco fight tooth and nail for the pub. Then all goes quite confusion follows now something happened again who knows what. With the Crooked Spire pub I think it has been struggling for a while now wasn't that long ago it was up for let no idea if anyone took it on or weather Marston's simply just put in a new manager untill deciding its fate which has been relived today I'm guessing it will go up for sale soon we will see soon enough.

jake

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2014, 07:37:04 PM »

ironsky2

« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2014, 07:56:27 PM »
Thanks Jake for that. This seems to be going the same way as another pub I know about. The pub closed got boarded up was advertised for let big plans for refurbishment same sort of rent. The result no takers the pub ended up as flats the pub was in a wealthy area at that.

ironsky2

« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2014, 04:55:46 PM »
Spread Eagle is trading as normal. Does anyone know what's happening to the Hobby Horse pub on Derby Road its has a fence round it?

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2014, 08:28:45 PM »
There are work men's cabins outside as well. Looks like a refurb
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

eabbus

• bus man
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2014, 10:41:21 PM »
Changing to a harvester in the new year.

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2014, 11:43:21 PM »
Really? We like harvester. Unfortunately my step daughters ex boyfriends the manager there so ..........
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

ironsky2

« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2014, 12:52:02 PM »
Sounds like the Hobby Horse going to become more of a restaurant than a pub. The days of wet sales were enough to live on are well and truly over.

ironsky2

« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2014, 07:59:04 PM »
Wow this thread gone past the 1000 views didn't think anyone would be that interested in this subject. Might post a few more pub pics soon. :)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2014, 06:15:46 PM »
Now I knew the Coop had permission to turn the Goldminers into a shop, I didn't know they were extending the building to occupy as much of the rear of the area as possible. Scuse the photo quality  ;)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

ironsky2

« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2014, 06:40:54 PM »
It might be the loading area for shop that's been built as most are around the back.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2014, 06:58:28 PM »
I drove past the Woodthorpe on Coupe Lane a couple of weeks ago.
Couldn't lokk to much but there is a building going up very close to it - too close to be a dwelling place I would have thought as it appeared to be partly in the Woodthorpe car park or seating area.
Seems strange to build so close to a pub.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk