Author Topic: Things that really annoy me  (Read 2947 times)

Tarzan

• View Profile
Re: Things that really annoy me
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2020, 11:22:43 PM »
Virgin Media roadworks  >:( every turn i make they've got the damn road, or pavement dug up.! >:

kromercap

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2020, 09:23:37 PM »
Wait until the infrastructure is actually finished.

That's when they start knocking on your door and filling your letter box with junk mail, trying to get you to buy a subscription.

>:(

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2020, 01:55:31 PM »
Things that annoy me {post lockdown}

Discarded face masks that have become the number one piece of rubbish that now litter our streets.

The compulsory wearing of face masks on buses, being driven by someone not wearing one {the last time I checked I don't think just a perspex screen is an antidote to Covid}

Still no policing of people not wearing masks in shops.

The police cannot be everywhere so asking them to police this issue is a non starter, it's down to the shop staff, like just simply putting a sign outside the shop that's very clear and concise and BIG...  " NO MASK.....NO SERVE" 
 and having more staff at the doors, The non wearers will soon start to drop into line when faced with an empty larder and fridge.

Unfortunately I'm not holding my breath. We followed a "druggie" into Morrison's Staveley the other day, {you can tell them a mile off} phone up to his ear no mask walked straight in and made a beeline for the booze department. I didn't see him after that but if Morrisons have expensive bottles of booze right next to the entrance, where there are no checkouts then no one would should be surprised at the result.
I will even go as far as to suggest supermarkets let some pilfering slide as it's probably far easier, cheaper and moreover safer than challenging them.   
After the nuclear war the only creatures roaming the earth will be cockroaches and politicians

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2020, 04:31:26 PM »
Things that annoy me {post lockdown}

Discarded face masks that have become the number one piece of rubbish that now litter our streets.

The compulsory wearing of face masks on buses, being driven by someone not wearing one {the last time I checked I don't think just a perspex screen is an antidote to Covid}

Still no policing of people not wearing masks in shops.

The police cannot be everywhere so asking them to police this issue is a non starter, it's down to the shop staff, like just simply putting a sign outside the shop that's very clear and concise and BIG...  " NO MASK.....NO SERVE" 
 and having more staff at the doors, The non wearers will soon start to drop into line when faced with an empty larder and fridge.

Unfortunately I'm not holding my breath. We followed a "druggie" into Morrison's Staveley the other day, {you can tell them a mile off} phone up to his ear no mask walked straight in and made a beeline for the booze department. I didn't see him after that but if Morrisons have expensive bottles of booze right next to the entrance, where there are no checkouts then no one would should be surprised at the result.
I will even go as far as to suggest supermarkets let some pilfering slide as it's probably far easier, cheaper and moreover safer than challenging them.

I share your frustrations with the above !!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk