Author Topic: 20mph speed limit  (Read 5645 times)

Big Dave

• View Profile
Re: 20mph speed limit
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 11:28:32 AM »
I agree with you Darax, except I think kids shold be able to play in the street especially where it's a no-through road and the only traffic is visiting the houses there. That's what it's like where I live and the kids do play together outside during the holidays.

The only problem is their lack of road safety awareness and I put that down to lack of education and the bad example shown by adults. I've seem kids whizzing around on scooters and bikes, completely oblivious of moving traffic and crossing the road in front of cars and vans without a second thought. So far none have been injured here but it's only a matter of time before one is hurt and the driver will be held to blame, not the kid for dashing out without looking first.

I'd like to see such developments as ours made 'home zones', with pedestrians having priority over vehicles. It wouldn't inconvenience me to have to drive at 10mph a few yards to my garage with vans and cars parked in specific areas rather than blocking the street - some planters, trees and seats would look much better!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 05:54:47 PM »
Fuck me Darax  - that's a post and a quarter - welcome to Chesterfield Online :)

Language Timothy  ;D
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 05:57:58 PM »
Yes good point Darax, it's common sense to slow down in certain areas and bad driving only makes the speed worse.
The children - boys and girls play footie across our road, which is the main road through the village, although buses no longer use it - not safe at all!  :(

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 06:02:15 PM »
>> Language Timothy

Sorry Sid  :-[
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2012, 10:08:00 AM »
>> Language Timothy

Sorry Sid  :-[

;D  ;D  ;D  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk